XVI

The rover came to a halt after a long while, prompting everyone to get out of the rover and the two girls to slip from their horses and tie them to a tree, "These woods must be the border." Bellamy stated looking around, his eyes eventually landing on Tori as she held her sword's handle tightly, "So where's all the ice?" Jasper inquired still slurring slightly, "Much further north. Azgeda stretches for a thousand miles." Tori and Octavia said simultaneously once more that day, "Good thing we only have to go 200 meters." Monty stated as he checked the 'phone' while walking forward, trying to lead the group, "Slow down. Remember, rules of engagement are non-lethal force." Bellamy reminded.

"Bellamy loosen up, you're worse than me when the twins feel sick." Tori stated as he walked to stand next to her, sending her an eye roll while saying "Tight formation on my command. Raven, you stay in the rover." which was replied by "Yeah, right." from Raven and "We need every gun we've got." from Octavia, while Monty stood next to Bellamy and in front of Tori shielding her from the sight of who ever appeared and said "They're coming. 120 meters... 110."

Bellamy noticing that the beacon was approaching too fast cocked his weapon, "They're our people. What are you doing?" Monty frowned, "We hope they're our people. On my command." Bellamy replied, the group began to disperse, Tori standing behind Bellamy and next to Jasper, who still had a vacant look on his face, just then horses appeared with men wearing white war paint on them shouting orders and just as they approached the group Bellamy inquired lowly "Ice nation?" prompting Octavia to reply "Yes. White war paint." before raising her hands and taking two steps forwards before one of them inquired "Who are you?" "Skaikru. We are looking for our people." Octavia stated, "They are looking for Wanheda." (... Commander of Death.)

"They think we're looking for wanheda." Octavia translated for those who couldn't understand Trigedasleng, "Who's that?" Bellamy inquired, "I don't know." "Commander of Death." Octavia and Tori said respectively, the man who had been speaking got off his horse and walked forward as well before Monty noticed a flashing and beeping cylinder making him stated "The light. That's the beacon." and the second he said that everything seemed to happen in slow motion, Jasper grabbed the beacon and began to walk away before nearly having his throat slit which lead to the group killing the 3 Azgeda riders.

Then it went back to normal the second the 'leader' fell onto the ground with Octavia's sword to his chest and Councillor Kane saying over the radio "Rover one, come in. Repeat, rover one, come in now." Octavia ran towards the Jasper while Bellamy ran to the rover grabbing the radio "I had him." Jasper told the group, "What the hell were you thinking?" Monty hissed at his best friend, "We got the beacon, didn't we?" Jasper chuckled breathlessly, "Yeah, but where did they get it?" Monty retorted making Tori grab his shoulder and say "Not now, he needs to get to medical.

"We had to shoot 3 ice nation scouts." Bellamy told Kane on the radio, "Covert, sector 4." Kane simply replied, making confusion ride, "Copy. Can you tell me what's going on?" Bellamy inquired, "When you get here. Over and out." Kane replied once more before ending the transmission, "Sector 4? Why is Kane so far outside the wall?" Raven inquired making Bellamy shrug before ordering " Take him home!" "I'm fine. Thank you for asking." Jasper scoffed making Tori grab him chin and force him to look at her, "Don't try to fight it, you will only get hurt more." she told him referring both to his wound and his rebellious actions.

"Miller, get one of their horses. Raven, since you can't ride, you're on the back. Monty, you're with me. Let's go." Bellamy barked out to the group while Tori helped Octavia pull Jasper onto the back of her horse before hoisting herself onto hers.

Raven, Miller and Octavia took Jasper back to camp while Tori, Monty and Bellamy went to meet with Kane, racing as fast as they could and halting just outside of a tunnel, "Ok. You were right about jasper, ok? Is that what you want me to say?" Monty told the eldest of the group as they began to walk through the tunnel, "It's not your fault Monty." Tori began when Bellamy interrupted and said "I could've said no." "He's getting worse, isn't he? I mean, getting drunk every night is one thing, but smiling with a knife to your throat, that's next-level damaged." Monty ranted, "Death of a person close to us breaks us, if it's family it's one thing, if it's love, well I've seen how it ends, and it's usually one of two ways, craving death or becoming cold hearted." Tori told the youngest of the trio.

"Have you lost anyone?" Monty inquired, "My parents and in a way my sister." Tori confessed, holding her sword before her, "Your sister is who they call the commander right?" Monty inquired once more, "Yes..." Tori sighed, images of her twin sister flashing through her eyes, then as they neared the end of the tunnel Monty inquired, "Who's he with?" Prompting Bellamy to reply "Indra." earning two reactions, a "That's Indra?" from Monty and a mumbled trig curse from Tori, "He must've told her we broke the truce. Sir, before you say anything, there was a good reason..." He began saying, allowing Tori to hide behind him, "We'll deal with that later. This is about Clarke." Kane interrupted, frowning as he saw Tori hide, "What about her?" Bellamy instantly inquired, "She's being hunted." Indra answered, "By who?" Monty inquired, missing completely as Tori's face paled even more and said simultaneously with Indra "By everyone."