XXI

Tori's hands ran through her white hair for what seemed the millionth time that night, and it was clear to everyone that she was anxious, for what? Nobody seemed to know, her face was flushed and her eyes darted from a person's face to the other, "Heda what's wrong?" Titus inquired one of his Commanders, "Nothing you need to concern yourself with Titus." Tori replied, her eyes focusing on the doors of the throne room.

And soon enough they opened, revealing her sister, "Leksa we must speak, alone." She instantly said, her arm still up to her chest, "Leave us." Lexa ordered before following her sister to their thrones, her green eyes watching her sister's light blue and washed out white dress sway slightly behind the white-haired woman as she walked, "I have a bad feeling about this summit." Tori said the second she was sitting down and facing her twin.

Between the twins, Tori was the one that could sense that something was wrong, severely wrong, it would start slowly before growing to a feeling deep in her gut that made her shake to her core. "I cannot cancel it now. It's almost time." Lexa sighed, looking at her twin, she knew better than to ignore her sister's warnings but this was one that she couldn't do anything about.

Not long after people began arriving and getting into place, the sisters standing in front of their thrones looking at the door as the Trig anthem began being sang beside them, Tori smiled at the envoys from the Sky People, giving a softer one to Abby, who looked absolutely confused as to why, how and when everything happened for her to be standing next to Lexa.

Then Clarke entered the Throne Room, looking completely and utterly Grounder like, and Tori could have sworn she heard her sister suck in a breath, prompting her to bite back a smile. She had guessed that Lexa had a slight connection that went beyond clan, people and safeties with Clarke, and she was happy that her twin had been able to let herself feel like that with anyone else since Costia.

Clarke reached the sisters and kneeled, prompting everyone else in the room to kneel as well just as the song came to an end making the commanders say to all "Hail, warriors of the 12 Clans." to which the 12 clans replied "Hail, Commanders of the Blood." before being ordered to rise. "We welcome Skaikru to our halls in the spirit of friendship and harmony, and we welcome Clarke kom Skaikru... Legendary Wanheda, Mountain Slayer." Tori said, her voice unwavering, like it had been before she left.

"The reason for this summit has changed. We are not here to negotiate a treaty with the Skaikru, but rather to initiate hem into the coalition." Lexa continued after her twin earning murmuring and low disputes from the Delegates from the 12 clans. And almost instantly as they started, they ended with Tori finishing "To symbolize this union, the leader of Skaikru must bear our mark."

Marcus Kane turned to Abby Griffin and looked at her in the eyes before she said something to him making him look at the fraternal leading twin who nodded at them, not knowing what Abby had whispered. "Present your arm." Lexa ordered, making the grounder who was minding the branding pole to grab it and turn to Kane, the newly appointed leader pulled his sleeve up and instantly groaned lowly as the brand was placed on his forearm.

Suddenly the doors were burst open and a group of Sky People rushed inside, pointing their weapons at them, one of them even saying "That's it. Go. Go." Everyone looked at Skaikru shocked until Tori inquired Bellamy?" Pulling the said brunet man's eyes to her as he held a grounder at gunpoint. "What is the meaning of this?" Titus inquired, gently stepping in front of the Commanders. "The summit's a trap. We need to get you out of here." Bellamy replied, releasing his hostage and looking at his people before looking at the only white-haired woman in the room, taking in her appearance.

"What the hell is going on?" Clarke inquired Lexa, knowing fully well that Tori had nothing to do with this seeing as she was unconscious for a week, the same week she'd been a prisoner and awoken only earlier that day. "I don't know." Lexa replied, glaring at Bellamy, who instantly replied "It's the Ice Nation." his gaze shifting instantly to the Delegates from the Azgeda. "These allegations are an outrage. The Ice Nation never stormed this summit with weapons, breaking our laws. That was the Skaikru." one of the Delegates, one Tori knew to be Ivon replied.

"We're right about this. The two guards you left behind are dead already. We need to go now." Pike, a Skaikru member Tori distinctively ordering to shoot her down, said, forcing Tori to beat her sister in inquiring "How did you come by this information?" her tone harsh and angry, of course not at Bellamy nor Octavia, Bellamy looked at her before looking behind him, looking for someone, when his sister inquired "Where the hell is Echo?" 

A pang of guilt and anger coursed through Tori as she heard the name, she hadn't thought about it since she was shot in the neck, "What's going on? Where the hell is she?" Bellamy inquired dazed, not wanting to believe what was going on, "Bellamy, maybe we were wrong about this." Octavia told her brother, lowering her weapon as he looked at Tori and said breathlessly "I don't understand." 

Kane walked to the eldest Blake, grabbing his gun and pointed it to the ground while ordering "Stand down." Bellamy, Pike and Octavia followed the order before static from the radio was heard, followed by a distressed Raven saying "Bellamy, Bellamy, come in. The Grounders attacked Mount Weather." Panic filled every Skaikru member as well as Tori and Lexa, Tori more than Lexa, Bellamy slowly raising the radio to ask slowly "What are you talking about?" "It's gone. It's gone. They're all gone. Sinclair and I are the only ones left. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry." Raven sobs. 

Bellamy lowers the radio and locks eyes with Tori, her good hand covering her heart as she breathed shakily, he could tell she wanted to say something but the words were caught in her throat. "You should have never moved your people back into Mount Weather. The Ice Nation did what Lexa and Tori were too weak to do." Ivon declared, stepping in between Tori and Bellamy before turning to his Commanders.

Rage overtook Lexa's features as she noticed her sister pale even more, due to what she had no idea, but still the dark-haired commanders seethed "This is an act of war. Sentries, arrest the Ice Nation delegation, including the prince." "We need to get home. If they attacked Mount Weather, Arkadia could be next." Abby said, looking at Marcus who replied "I agree." "Go. Marshal your forces. We'll avenge the attack together." Lexa nodded before reaching for her twin. 

"I'll escort them. I hope you kept up your training. You'll need it." Indra stated, directing the last part to Octavia, "Clarke, we need to leave now." Bellamy called out to the blonde warrior, "We need an ambassador from the 13th Clan to stay here in Polis." Lexa countered, supporting her twin by her waist. "It's not safe here." Bellamy retaliated making Lexa finish "Clarke will be safe here under my and Tori's protection."

"I have to stay." Clarke said as she reached her mother, whose walls instantly fell down with worry, making her start "Clarke..." "I have to make sure she keeps her word." Clarke replies to her mother before the Commanders advisor says "Hedas. We must convene the war council immediately." Clarke turned around and said "I'll be right there." she then turned to her mother and hugged her as Kane told her "Be safe." to which she replied "You, too."

The older two left, leaving a conflicted Bellamy, who told Clarke "She left us to die on that mountain. She will always put her people first. You should come home to yours." "I'm sorry, but Tori didn't, she stayed by us through thick and thin. Look at her. She needs someone to stay with her." Clarke told him, "Then she should also come with us, back to her family." Bellamy replied, his eyes locking once more on the white-haired girl's figure.

"Her family is here." Lexa said loudly to the brunet man, "Her children are in Arkadia." Bellamy countered making Tori ask breathlessly "They're alive?" "Jackson has them, I thought best not take him to Mount Weather." Bellamy confirmed, watching as Tori calmed down tremendously and turn to her sister.

"I have to go, they're my children." Tori started, still very pale but much calmer, "Of course." Lexa replied, understanding that her sister's children came before anything else. "Mebi oso na hit choda op nodotaim sis." The twins said in unison, leaning their foreheads together for a moment before Tori reached for Bellamy, her hand stretched for him to grab, unfortunately he didn't grab her hand, instead he walked to her and picked her up, an arm under her legs and the other wound her back before following the rest of his people out.