VII

There were things that Tori hated and one of those things was being awoken from her much needed, stress reliever nap, so when an annoying and constant knocking on her 'apartment' door woke her up, she was ready to kill the person, even more so when she opened the door to reveal Maya. "Why on earth are you here?" she inquired, fighting back a yawn that ended breaking loose.

Maya simply lifted a notebook, opened on a page that said 'I know you know everything they are doing down here. I need your help telling Jasper and his friend.' Sighing and knowing better than to stay behind when the 47 were involved, the white haired woman pulled on her black trainers and pulled the hair tie from her head, letting her hair fall from the bun it was in while she slept.

So she followed the brunette girl towards the dorm were the remaining 47 were in, however she entered first, greeting the two people that were in it with a small smile before Maya entered, "Of course. Right on time." Monty grumbled as he noticed Maya. "Hey, guys. Jasper. I'm so glad to see you're feeling better." Maya greeted them, opening the notebook on a page just like she had done with Tori, that said 'Act normal. They're listening!!!' "Thanks. I am. You look, um, rested." Jasper said slowly as Maya turned the page once more that said 'The breach wasn't an accident! Follow me!'

"Hey, it's pizza day. Who's hungry?" She said instead, trying to sound normal before walking out of the room, the two boys hesitated but Tori grabbed them both by the wrist and said "I'm not going to wait in line for a millennia because of you guys, I want pizza." her tone sounding much more natural than Maya's, as she lead the boys away. The group of 4 walked to what Maya called the Museum due to the storage of antiquities and the second Tori closed the door Maya started.

"We don't have much time, but we can talk freely here." "What the hell is going on? Maya?" Jasper inquired as the brunette girl's body began to shake, "I'm sorry." she sobbed, tears beginning to well up in her eyes. "About what? What? What do you mean, it wasn't an accident?" Jasper inquired once more, "She means they exposed her to radiation on purpose. I'm betting it was to get you to agree to be her blood brother." Monty cleared up and once Maya nodded Jasper couldn't feel his heart from how heart broken he was. "I knew it. Clarke was right." Monty whispered.

"Monty, be quiet. Did you know about this?" The heart broken boy inquired, "Most likely not, why would they tell her? If she knew, the reaction she had would not have been genuine and don't forget they are trying to make you believe that this is safe." Tori told him, leaning against one of the open book cases. "And why would they do that to you?" Jasper inquired, his words directed specifically to Maya, "Because the standard treatment sucks compared to you." she answered.

"That's what Dante said." "What's the standard treatment?" the boys inquired simultaneously prompting Maya to answer "Through there." while pointing with her finger before leading them, Tori didn't near the vent, she didn't need to, she knew what was on the other side, she found out pretty quickly when she arrived, taking only a day to find out. The boys however neared it and lifted the tiles that covered the vent view, allowing the groaning to grow louder as well as their sight to focus.

"Oh, my God. Are those..." Jasper started, "My people..." Tori said, her voice void of emotion, her eyes cast to her trainers, her hair falling over her shoulders and shielding her face. "Wait a second. Why are you showing us this?" Monty inquired, his heart filling with sympathy towards the snow white haired woman, "Because I'm afraid." Maya answered, "Of what?" Jasper pressed, "That you're next." both girls replied.

"Who else knows about this?" Jasper inquired after a moment of silence, "Everyone, but nobody talks about it. We learn not to ask questions." Maya stated, "Why aren't you in there?" Jasper inquired the grounder girl, "Because I'm different from them, my blood is different and they want to understand why." Tori explained, "Look, without the treatments, we'd die. What are we supposed to do?" Maya tried to make them understand. "Die. We have to get out of here. Dante said we could leave, right?" Monty said brutally honest.

"He was lying. He knew I'd be too scared to leave, just like he knew I'd do what had to be done to save Maya." Jasper scoffed, prompting his best friend to say "So we don't ask. If Clarke got out, we can, too."  "You'll never make it. Ever since Clarke disappeared, security all around the mountain has been increased, especially the rounds around my place and your dorm." Tori told them, throwing her hair back over her shoulder.

"We have to try." Monty pressed but Jasper shook his head and said "We're not leaving. I won't leave the others behind. That means they end up in there." Maya smiled at him in admiration while Tori frowned "It's great to see you step up in relation to your friends but no plan will get you killed. Outside and in here." "We do have a plan, we volunteer. We play the paper they want us to play." Jasper told her making her shake her head, knowing fully well that it would never last long.