XVIII

As the rover neared one of the trading outposts deep in the night, Tori fell asleep n Bellamy's shoulder, her face hid in his neck, just like back at Camp in the 'apartment' the two shared with the twins, she had gotten up way before Bellamy and the twins, so naturally no one commented, although Indra was extremely confused as to why and how Tori was so comfortable with her old Second's brother.  Then Monty forced the rover to come to a screeching halt, jolting everyone forward and rudely awakening Tori, who threatened him "Next time you pull that stunt, you will die." The reason for their screeching halt, a tree in the middle of the way, followed, moments later, by one falling behind the car, trapping them in place.

Three anxious hours later, Bellamy said annoyed "It's been 3 hours. What are they waiting for? Even with the light, I don't see anyone." prompting Monty to input "I say we make a run for it." which was turned down by Kane saying "No. That's what they want us to do." Tori was been staring out the window, allowing her eyes to scan what she could, to find the attackers. "The boy is right. They can wait longer than we can." Indra told the Chancellor, earning a moment of silence.

Then Kane broke it by saying "Ok, Bellamy. Get in the turret, and you cover us. Once we get to that ridge over there, we'll cover you." Bellamy looked at his superior and replied "Copy that. Run fast." as he stood up, but unfortunately was forced back down by Tori, who the second Bellamy's ass was back on the seat placed a knife to his throat and neared her face intensely close to his in a, supposedly, scaring and commanderish way that made Monty and Kane freeze in fear and Indra smirk in pride.

"You are most definitely not going in the turret! Azgeda will kill you the second you open the hatch! The twins have already lost a father and I'm not letting them lose another!" she growled at him protectively, "Tori, we need someone to cover us while we run." Kane tried to negociate, scooting over to the white haired woman, unfortunately for him, the commander was faster than him, because before he could touch her, he had a gun pointed at his face, Tori's face turning to him as she snarled "Why don't you go? You cover us, then we cover you!"

"I'm the best and fastest shooter." Bellamy defended, using to his advantage that Tori was looking at Kane and not him to pull the knife from his neck and then lower her arm from Kane's face,  "I'm doing it." he added, grabbing her chin and forcing her to look at him, "I don't allow you to! I'm the Commander here and I don't allow you to risk your life." The white haired woman retorted. The eldest Blake smiled softly at her before pecking her lips and standing up.

This action made Tori freeze and widen her eyes, as well as Indra chuckle softly at her Commander's reaction. Bellamy opened the hatch and stood up, only to have an arm around his neck, startling him and making him surrender as he said "They're here." His words made Tori snap back to reality and grab Indra's knife while everyone looked alarmed "Everybody out, or the boy dies." Bellamy's captor said before he dragged Bellamy from out of the hatch.

"Hey, hey! Ok! Ok. We're coming out. Don't hurt him." Kane shouted while unarming himself, sending the other three a look to also disarm themselves, which they did but Tori. She stood up, ignoring the protests that her companions began to shout and forced herself out of the hatch, throwing the dagger at thigh of the person who was holding Bellamy. "Shoot her!" someone ordered as she jumped from the Rover's roof and onto a masked man's shoulders, wrapping her legs around his neck and tightening her hold, "Let him or he dies!" she threatened.

Unfortunately she was shot before anyone could obey her, the bullet going clean through her left shoulder and forcing her to fall forward in shock, releasing the man and falling face first on the ground. Her fall was followed by Bellamy screaming while Kane and the others got out of the Rover and being thrown to the ground, searched instantly after, " All targets secure."one of the men said while the other added "Found it."  Monty was pulled up and searched more thoroughly before the beacons he had been carrying was taken from him making him shout "It's mine. Give it back!" and Bellamy say afterwards "Monty, let it go."

The name made one of the people halt their action and inquire "Monty?" the tone wavering, which Monty replied with "Mom?" Monty was released and the woman pulled her mask off before embracing her son tightly and whispering "I knew it." as they both cried. While the two embraced a man jumped off the Rover and said "Farm Station, stand down." As he approached Kane, who inquired the masked man "Pike?" The man took his mask and answered "You have no idea how good it is to see you." while helping Kane up.

"We didn't think you made it." Kane told his friend, who chuckled and ordered "Lacroix, Smith, watch our 6. Everyone else, I said, stand down." Bellamy and Indra were let go and both of them rushed to Tori was 's wound was loosing blood quickly, "How many of you are there?" Kane inquired, "63. The rest are camped in the mountains north of here, Grounder killers one and all. Am I right?" Pike replied making everyone hollar, "Hate to cut this short. We got to find Clarke and Tori's been shoot and is loosing a lot of blood." Bellamy shouted, bring Kane and Pike closer to him, Indra and a passed out Tori. "Clarke Griffin?" Pike inquired, earning a nod from Kane, "Yeah. If only all of my Earth skills students were as good as her." Pike smiled at the memory.

"Chancellor!" Bellamy reminded, "She's a grounder, let her die Blake." Pike told his once student, Indra angrily stood up and placed herself between Pike and her Commander, "With all the respect sir, this Grounder has done honourably for our people, she nearly died doing it three months ago!" Bellamy tried to explain, and at his words Pike sighed and handed him a piece of cloth which Bellamy wrapped around Tori's shoulder and secured it to her chest, as best as his non medical capacities allowed him.

"63? Farm Station left orbit with 3 times that number." Kane inquired alarm, "We landed with that number, too." Pike replied, sending a side glance at Indra and Tori, "The Ice Nation can be ruthless. Take pride in the number you saved." Indra commented, not moving from her position, "Indra, this is Charles Pike. He was a teacher on the Ark. This is Indra. She's leader of Trikru and a trusted ally." Kane introduced, "I'll have to take your word for it." Pike replied, before raising a brow at the passed out white-haired girl Bellamy now had in his arms.

"That's Tori, she was taken hostage 3 years ago and when the 100 were taken hostage, she helped them with everything she could." Kane explained to Pike, who nodded slowly before Indra inputted "She is also very important to us Grounders. And I can guarantee you, if she dies, you will face a war you have never faced before and I can tell you that Azgeda will not be the only clan you will deal with." She then followed Bellamy back to the rover and helped him inside.