2

"Well

"Well...well, here we are!  I want to congratulate you for being on time..." he doesn't get to say anymore as my sister raises her hand slowly,

"Excuse me, sir?  I think there's been a mistake.  I know it's detention, but... um...I don't think I belong in here..." I snort and she glares at me,

"Dick here doesn't care ok princess? So shut up and suck it up." Vernon doesn't care just as suspected and so he just continues with his whole 'I'm better than all you delinquents' speech.

"It is now seven-oh-six.  You have exactly eight hours and fifty-four minutes to think about why you're here.  To ponder the error of your ways..." he leads off dramatically and I roll my eyes. Hearing a spitting sound I turn to see Bender catch spit he had just blew up into the air back in his mouth and I pull a face of discomfort making him laugh.

"Ya nasty bender. Nasty." He continues to laugh and that's when Vernon snaps,

"You may not talk!" I huff turning back in my seat.

"You will not move from these seats." He says just as Brian was moving so he shuffles back. Vernon glances at Bender and with a sigh he charges at Bender pulling away the chair he had manoeuvred to place his feet on.

"...and you... You will not sleep." He moves back to the front of all the tables and the continues.

"Alright people, we're gonna try something a little different today.  We are going to write an essay--of no less than a thousand words--describing to me who you think you are." My eyes widen in fear of having to dig round in my mind about self-image as Bender speaks up,

"Is this a test?" But he is ignored and Vernon continues hand paper and pencils out.

"When I say essay...I mean essay. I do not mean a single word repeated a thousand times.  Is that clear Mr. Bender and Miss. Standish?" I simply nod as Bender mumbles 'crystal' to him.

"Good. Maybe you'll learn a little something about yourself." I hope not.
"Maybe you'll even--decide whether or not you care to return."

"That would be a yes from my sir. Ya know, because your just so darn cute I always wanna be with you!" I say cheerily with fake joy and admiration.

"Lovely. Then you can come back next Saturday." Fuck. The boy behind me raises his hand and then stands up shyly.

"You know, I can answer that right now sir...That'd be "No", no for me. 'cause-"

"Sit down Johnson..." Vernon says tiredly. 

"Thank you sir..." the young boy says sitting down.

"My office is right across that hall.  Any
monkey business is ill-advised... and questions?" He asks looking round and my hand shot up,

"Yes Miss Standish"

"Are you a twat to your boyfriend too or is it just us?"

"I don't have a-" He exhales deeply out his nose, "that's two detentions now."

"Oh goodie."

Vernon begins to leave but Bender speaks up before he gets to the door.

"Erm I've got a question. Does Barry Manilow know you raid his wardrobe?" I laugh at this but apparently Vernon doesn't find it very funny because he replies with,

"I'll give you the answer to that question, Mr. Bender, next Saturday. Don't mess with the bull young man, you'll get the horns." I'm pretty sure everyone rolled their eyes at this as Vernon began to leave.

"That man...is a brownie hound..." Bender mutters and I turn seeing him picking at the table,

"You couldn't be more right." He looks up, seeming surprised someone actually listened to him and gives me a smile.