16

I let out a sigh looking along the row of us sat on the railings

I let out a sigh looking along the row of us sat on the railings. Andrew is at the end with Allison next to him, I'm sat next to her and then at my left is claire who's sat picking at her nails while Brian mumbles to himself at the other end of us.

Andrew and Allison are having some strange silent conversations with their eyes so I decide not to join in on that and so I just sit in silence staring at the bookcase ahead of me.

"Brian?" Claire asks.

"Yeah?"

"Are you gonna write your paper?" I turn to see her twirling a piece of hair. What is she up too?

"Yeah, why?" He says pulling a face of confusion.

"Well, it's kinda a waste for all of us to write our paper, don't you think?" I roll my eyes suddenly knowing what she is doing.

"Oh, but that's what Vernon wants us to do..."

"True, but I think we'd all kinda say the same thing."

"You just don't want to write your paper...Right?" Brian huffs and I grin.

"True, but, you're the smartest, right?" Oh fuck. She's got him now.

"Oh, well." Brian looks off to the distance with a look of pride on his face. I shake my head, stupid boys.

"We trust you..." Brian hesitantly glances at the three of us and Allison and Andrew nod while I just shrug.

"All right, I'll do it..."

"Great." Claire turns her attention away from Brian, now looking at Allison who looks back at her confused.

"Come on."

"Where're we going?"

"Come on!" Claire hops off the railing and grabs Allison's upper arm. Allison quickly grabs my hand and pulls me along.

"Hey!" I shout trying not to fall over.

i perch myself on the side of the sink with a sigh. God this is taking a long time. I'm glad I do a little bit of makeup most days otherwise I'd be In Allison's position now too. That position being her stabbed in the eye with a brush.

"Don't be afraid." Claire coos and I roll my eyes holding my laugh in at Allison's angered face.

"Don't stick that in my eye!" She shouts and Claire sighs.

"I'm not sticking it, just close... just go like that." Claire then demonstrates and closes her eye lightly. Allison huffs but does it anyway. Claire begins putting it on and Allison lets out a squeal of surprise.

"You know you really do look a lot better without all that black shit on your eyes."

"Hey! I like that black shit..." I smile at her as she pouts over to me.

"This looks a lot better...look up." Claire pats some eyeshadow on Allison's lower lash line and I cover my ears knowing what's going to happen. When the brush makes contact Allison lets out a scream,

"Oh god! It's in my eye." I grip my stomach leaning forward and laughing.

"Why're you being so nice to me?" Allison asks and I pull a face at my sister also confused. Claire laughs lightly.

"'Cause you're letting me." She looks over to me and gives me a small smile which I return.

"Now lets go rock that boys socks off!" I shout pumping my hand in the air and Allison blushes,

"What boy?" My hand drops and I give her a look.

"Andrew. You can't tell me you don't like him. Don't worry, it's pretty clear he likes you too." When Allison doesn't reply claire decided to chime in.

"What about you and Bender then?" I look down at my hand that are in my lap and my eyes drift to the bandana that's wrapped round my now healing, not bleeding, thigh.

"I dunno. I like him, I think he likes me. I'm worried it's not he real deal for him but he's said it is so I'm going to give it a try." Claire places her hand on mine and I look up to her,

"If your happy..." I nod.

"I am. Anyway, if he screws me over I'll just cut his precious hair." This gets all of us laughing.

I've forgot what it felt like to have friends.