8

"Brian, how you doing?" I raise my head off the table and see the Janitor, Carl

"Your dad works here?" Brian looks away embarrassed so Bender turns his attention to Carl.

"Uh, Carl?"

"What?"

"Can I ask you a question?" He says leaning back in his chair so it's in two legs.

"Sure..."

"How does one become a janitor?" He puts down a cloth and turns to Bender properly.

"You wanna be a janitor?" He asks unconvinced.

"No I just wanna know how one becomes a janitor because Andrew here, is very interested in persuing a career in the custodial arts..."

"He was just to shy to ask." I add pouting at Andrew who has turned giving a glare at both me and Bender.

"You guys think I'm just some untouchable peasant right? Peon? Huh?  Maybe so... but following a broom around after shitheads like you for the past eight years I've learned a couple of things...I look through your letters, I look through your lockers, I listen to your conversations, you don't know that, but I do...I am the eyes and ears of this institution my friends." While he wheels his cart out he shouts over his shoulder,

"By the way, that clock's twenty minutes fast!" Everyone except me and Bender groans. I don't because I've given up any hope surviving through this horrid day and if I do I have to go home anyway so I'm not fussed about it going slow. Bender smiles knowingly telling me he already knew the clock was fast.

Bender starts to whistle a marching tune and so I sit up from leaning my head on his shoulder and as Brian and Andrew join in I do too, eventually we all start whistling.

Vernon comes marching in and everyone quietens down, almost everyone... Bender begins to whistle Beethoven's 5th.

"All right girls, that's thirty minutes for lunch."

"Here?" Andrew says confused.

"Here..."

"Well I think the cafeteria would be a more suitable place for us to eat lunch in, sir!" He argues

"Well, I don't care what you think, Andrew!" Ha!

"Uh, Dick?  Excuse me, Rich...will milk be made available to us?" Bender asks.

"We're extremely thirsty sir."

"I have a very low tolerance for dehydration."

"I've seen her dehydrate sir, it's pretty gross." I chime in. Bender stands pulling me up my the elbow

"Relax, Me and sexy will get it!" Sexy and I i think to myself.

"Ah, ah, ah grab some wood there, bub! What do you think, I was born yesterday?  You think I'm gonna have you two roaming these halls alone?" I pout and sit down on Bender's knee after he's been seated. Vernon points at Andrew and then Allison,

"Hey!  What's her name? Wake her!  Wake her up! Come on, on your feet missy!  Let's go!  This is no rest home!" Allison huffs getting up and throwing her bag on.

"There's a soft drink machine in the teacher's lounge.  Lets go!"

——————————-

"Claire...you wanna see a picture of a guy with elephantitus of the nuts? It's pretty tasty..." I turn my head from Brian who I was having a conversation with and pull a disgusted face at Bender who grins at me innocently then turns back to Claire, waiting for a response.

"No thank you..."

"How do you think he rides a bike?"

"Unsuccessfully." I mutter under my breath even though he wasn't addressing me.

"would you ever consider dating a guy like this?" He pesters Claire further.

"Can't you just leave me alone?"

"I mean if he had a great personality and was a good dancer and had a cool car...Although you'd probably have to ride in the back seat 'cause his nuts would ride shotgun." Brian sniggers and I roll my eyes just like Claire does before staring into space and mumbling

"You know what I wish I was doing?"

"Op, watch what you say, Brian here is a cherry."

"A cherry?" I lean my head on Brian's shoulder sweetly as he complains to Bender,

"I'm not a cherry."

"I wish I was on a plane to France." No one cares Claire.

"When have you ever gotten laid?" Bender asks before shoving my head off Brian's shoulder and I huff looking at him angrily. He waves me over while Brian claims to have 'laid lots of times' standing in front of Bender with a confused look he sighs and pulls me onto the other side of him and pushing my head onto his shoulder making me giggle as he turns back to Brian accusing him of lying by asking him to name one person he's slept with.

"She lives in Canada, met her at Niagara Falls.  You wouldn't know her." Bender looks back at me and I shake my head at his looks that was questioning if I believed this nerd.

"Ever laid anyone around here?" Brian shushes him before cautiously pointing over to Claire who was still talking to herself about France.

"Oh, you and Claire, did it!" Bender shouts loudly as I laugh.

"What are you talking about?" Spinning round Claire accusingly points at Bender.

"Nothin', nothin!"

"No! what're you talking about?" She asks

"Well, Brian's trying to tell me and Avery that in addition to the number of girls in the Niagra Falls area, that presently you and he are, ridin' the hobby horse!" Claire gasps and spins to Brian,

"Little pig!"

"No I'm not!  I'm not!  John said I was a cherry and I said I wasn't, that's it, that's all that was said!"

"Now your a lying pig!" I gape lifting my head off Bender's shoulder only to have him whine and shove it back on and wrap his arm round my waist. I smile nuzzling into his neck as he speaks up,

"Well then what were you motioning to Claire for?"

"You know I don't appreciate this very much, Brian." Sorry mother.

"He is lying!"

"Oh you weren't motioning to Cl- claire?" Bender asks but pausing slightly at the end of his sentence when I place a light kiss on his neck. I smirk at this and move my face away turning to look at Claire.

"You know he's lying, right?"

"Were you or were you not motioning to Claire?" Bender shouts.

"Yeah, but it was only...was only because I didn't want her to know that I was a virgin, okay?" Bender just continues staring at him.

"Excuse me for being a virgin, I'm sorry." Claire laughs standing up from the seat and leaning on the table instead.

"Why didn't you want me to know you were a virgin?" Oh god please don't try flirt. I don't know if my eyes and ears can take it.

"Because it's personal business, it's my personal, private business."

"Well Brian, it doesn't sound like you're doing any business." I hold in my laugh and elbow Bender in his side.

"I think it's okay for a guy to be a virgin..." Claire says making Brian surprised.

"You do?" Claire smiles and nods. When I head footsteps coming from the other part of the library I just from the railing and turn to Brian,

"I do too." I give him a polite smile then run back to the tables leaving a blushing Brian and a confused Bender.