10

"Where are you going?" Brian asks as me and Bender make our way to the door

"My locker?" Bender says as if it were obvious.

"W-we aren't suppose to leave."

"Ugh Brian is you're so worried the come with us, make sure we don't get caught?"

And thats how we all ended up leaving.

"How do you know where Vernon went?" Claire asks pushing forward to stand next to Bender and I huff when I'm pushed back and Allison steadies me Before I fall.

"I don't..." Bender mutters glancing back quickly before taking a double take and sending me a strange look, he almost looked... upset?

"Well then, how do you know when he'll be back?" Claire questions him.

"I don't...being bad feels pretty good, huh?" I hear Brian mutter nervously to Andrew.

"What's the point in going to Bender's locker?"

"Beats me." Andrew mutters, not sparing a glance at the nerd boy.

"This is so stupid. Why are we risking getting caught?"

"I dunno." It was clear by Andrew's tone he wasn't interested in this conversation.

"So then what are we doing?"

"Oh my shit Brian! If you ask one more question I'm going to put my foot in your mouth!" I shout and he turns to me blushing muttering a sorry and turning back round being silent for the rest of the trip.

Bender opens his beautifully decorated locker causing a few things to fall out. I turn my head to see a knife on the floor and squint while having a mental fight with myself... don't take it. Take it. You don't need it. Neither does he. It's a knife! Exactly, I need it. N-"

"Slob!" Andrew shouts

"My maid's on vacation." Bender replies sassily before pulling out a large brown bag. I raise my brows in amusement as he continues to pull smaller bags out of the others. Eventually he pulls a small sealed bag of...

"Drugs!" Brian exclaimed

"Screw that Bender...put it back!" Andrew groans. Bender ignores them, gripping my hand and pacing our fingers together before dragging us off.

"We'll cross through the lab, and then we'll double back." Bender explains once everyone has caught up.

"You better be right, if Vernon cuts us off it's your fault, asshole!" Andrew shouts and we begins running off. Me being dragged by Bender as he refuses to let go of my hand. Vernon is spotter a few times and I squeal every time in shock when I'm pulled away.

"Wait! Wait, hold it! Hold it! We have to go through the cafeteria!" Bender complains when Andrew leads us another way.

"No, the activities hall."

"Hey man, you don't know what you're talking about!" Bender complains.

"No you don't know what you're talking about!" I roll my eyes. Andrew runs off and Brian and Claire follow quite happily. Allison is a little conflicted about leaving her only friend (me) and grips my hand pulling me along which causes Bender to also be pulled along.

Eventually we reach the activities hall and a iron gate closes it off.

"Shit!" Andrew mutters.

"Great idea Jagoff!" Bender shouts.

"Fuck you!"

"Fuck you! Why didn't you listen to John?" Claire shouts and I shiver as she calls him John. No body calls him John except his very close friends... and he don't have many of those.

"We're dead!" Brian shouts sadly. there's a small pause until my hand is released and Bender mutters

"No, just me!"

"Wait Bender! What, no?" He ignores me and turns to Brian.

"Get back to the library, keep your unit on this!"

"Bender!" I shout and he spins round on his heels giving me a sad look before pressing his slightly chapped lips against mine. I freeze at first but kiss back, it doesn't last line before Bender pulls away smiling and then running off loudly singing

"I wanna be an airborne ranger!"

"Come on let's go." Brian softly pushes me so with a grin on my mouth I run off with the rest of them.

———————

I continue to nervously tap my shoe on the floor as I wait to see what happens with Bender. Paper hits my head and I swiftly turn to look at Allison.

"He'll be fine." She mimes, not really making a sound. I nod turning back round. A few seconds pass and my foot begins tapping again until the door bursts open.

"Get your stuff, let's go!" Shoving Bender, Vernon turns to everyone fuming.

"Mr. Wiseguy here has taken it upon himself to go to the gymnasium. I'm sorry to inform you, you're going to be without his services for the rest of the day." Bender sighs sitting next to me and begins playing with my hand.

"B-O-O H-O-O!" He spells out.

"Everything's a big joke, huh Bender? The false alarm you pulled, Friday, false alarms are really funny, aren't they. What if your home, what if your family... what if your dope was on fire?"

"Impossible, sir...It's in Johnson's underwear." He says confidently while moving his hand from mine to rest on my shaking thigh and giving a comforting squeeze.
Me and Andrew laugh at his words while Brian's face turns red with fear.

"You think he's funny? You think this is cute? You think he's bitchin', is that it? Lemme tell you something-"

"Hang on. Are you trying to tell me you don't think that face IS cute? Because I ain't buying that bullshit. I mean look at him!" I squish Benders cheeks and he chuckles. Vernon ignores me and continues,

"Look at him, he's a bum. You wanna see something funny? You go visit John Bender in five years! You'll see how God damned funny he is!" He then turns to John putting on a baby voice,

"What's the matter, John? You gonna cry? Let's go!" Vernon grabs his shoulder and he instantly rips it from him standing up himself.

"Hey keep your fuckin' hands off me! I expect better manners from you, Dick!" Bender slams his lips onto mine, this time much rougher and desperate however still just as fucking hot.

"Alright alright break it up." Vernon mutters unhappily. Bender pulls away a couple seconds after Vernon speaks and walks away without saying anything.

He places some sunglasses right in front on Andrew and whispers,

"For better hallway vision."

And then he's gone.