12

"Do you realize you made yourself sixty eight?" I let out a laugh again looking at the fake ID that Andrew holds

"Oh, I know...I know, I goofed it." Brian blushes

"What do you need a fake ID for?" I ask confused.

"So I can vote!" Brian says as if it's obvious and I laugh again, getting louder when I see his completely serious and confused face.

I can feel eyes burning into the back of my head and I turn to see Bender looking at me, eyes full of guilt and anger. I turn back round with a sigh. I deserve better. That's what I've been trying to convince myself, I don't deserve to be fucker around with.

I snap back out of it when I feel something stash my leg. Looking down I see that, somehow, Allison had got Bender's knife that I took earlier and tried to stash it in her bag but when tipping everything out it had sliced down my thigh.

"Fuck!" I hiss looking down at it and gripping just above to stop the blood.

"And you wonder why I took it." I joke when seeing how scared Allison looked. She shoots me a worried smile and I give her a smile back.

A hand falls into my knee and I turn to see Bender analysing my cut.

"You ok baby?" He asks and I nod. Not thinking two seconds about it, he rips the bandanna from around his neck and ties it round leg but still looks concerned.

"Would you look at that. My knight in shining armour. I was fine though. And I'm fine now" he nods slowly and I shoot him a reassuring side grin. I lean forward and kiss right near his ear before whispering,

"Stop worrying. It doesn't fit your whole bad boy loner look." He chuckles.

"I ain't the loner here Standish."

"Eat shit!" I turn to see Allison charging away and turn back to Bender giggling,

"I think we missed something."

"It's because your beauty distracted me." Bender smiles and I roll my eyes.

"Ok Romeo."

"Who's Romeo?"

"Oh god." I laugh walking away.

•••

"What would I do for a million bucks Well, I guess I'd do as little as had to..." I roll my eyes as claire exclaims,

"That's boring!"

"Well, how'm I s'posed to answer?"

"The idea is to like search your mind for the absolute limit. Like, uh would you drive to school naked?" Andrew laughs nervously,

"Um, uh...would I have to get out of the car?"

"Obviously." I giggled. I don't actually hear if he would because I feel a tap on my shoulder and I turn to see Bender.

"You ok?" I nod and go to turn away but he grabs my chin making me look at him still.

"About befor-"

"I don't wanna hear it. I get it, not that it matters because you weren't even talking to me but hey I'm just another fling so why should it matter how I feel. Seriously Bender just leave it. We're good." I gently turn away with a small sigh. God I hate falling for someone.