šŒšŽšŽššŒš€šˆšƒš„š.

·⋄*∘ |                     -⋄˚o∙;'            
✧        |               |              
|              ✦
˚·,  ✧                   |     
      :                   ✦ 
| ∘∙⋄ ;  ⋄             ,-∙'~·∘    o,   
,.·∘         -.,*˚⋄
   '',           |∙ *                    ;     
✦          '  ✧     ,.·∘      ✧ 

˚',-∙*·∘ M O O N M A I D E N ∙*,·∘'.
STEVE HARRINGTON.

we met at
the end of the world,
and sat
hand in hand as
the stars went out. ❞ 
- d.j

          —SARA Hopper had survived an array of things. She'd lived as one of the last children of the lab; she'd fought demogorgons and demo-dogs and seen the Mind Flayer and the lands of the Upside Down. She'd dodged every curveball the world had thrown at her, and it had thrown her a lot. Sar thought they must have run out by now.

          —SHE was wrong. A single summer—a single summer was all she needed—with Steve and her best friends, and her father and Katie and James, to forget about all the horror she'd been through in her lifetime. They'd defeated the Upside-Down, the Mind Flayer was sealed away for good and they were alive. It was going to be the damn best summer ever. No more monsters, no more fear, no more pain, that was what she planned. Only swimsuits and waterparks and ice-creams in the sun! And with the lab gone, she could finally be a normal teenager. The numbers on her wrist didn't have to mean anything. No more hiding.

          —BUT for whatever reason, the universe wasn't quite done with screwing up her life yet. No, this summer wasn't going to give her a break, no matter how tired she was of it all. Instead of sunbathing in the backyard and late-night movie-marathon-babysitting-gigs, she was going to be fighting monsters, alternate worlds and smoke once again. God, she just wanted a break.