ᵃᵘᵗʰᵒʳ'ˢ ⁿᵒᵗᵉ ⁽ʳᵉᵃᵈ ᴼᴺᴸʸ ᵃᶠᵗᵉʳ ᵗʰᵉ ᶠⁱⁿᵃˡ ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ⁾.

hi only read this after you've finished the final chapter of act three (chapter 35)! this contains MAJOR spoilers.

oops.

okay so FIRST OFF sar isn't dead if any of you are confused, because i know i used a lot of phrases like "her final breathing place" etc, etc, but a lot of that's because that is how those witnessing it would interpret it, the hopelessness of it. she fell through the gate portal into the upside-down. because the mind flayer wants her so badly. and i'm not going to give anything else away, so you'll need to wait for season 4 and hence act 4! i'll be posting the prologue for the fourth act (act four will be in this book, same as act two was in dreamwalker) the day that season 4 drops!

secondly, i cannot believe i've actually gotten to this point. i planned that ending all the way back in 2017 when i first started writing the book, and although it obviously went through a lot of tweaking because of the season etc, it's mostly stayed the same. it's so wild to me that we're actually up to that point.

and THIRD, yes the scientists are back, yes the mind flayer forcing open the gate has further repercussions on the world. and MOST IMPORTANTLY these will be explored in katie's spinoff book, SCIAMACHY, that i'll be posting sometime over the next few weeks. it takes place directly after the events of this chapter and follow her and max on their little adventure. it's kind of a moonmaiden 3.5, if you will. it's not going to give much away about steve or james or any of the others, but will instead be solely focused on katie and max, and what they're doing between now and season 4. i'll post another author's note when i get that book up, but it's another one i've been planning for a very long time!

i also want to take this time to thank everyone for 500k reads on dreamwalker and 2k followers. writing is my dream and my biggest passion and i'm so happy that people enjoy reading what i write. while you're waiting for act four and for sciamachy, i would recommend reading my other books because i work equally as hard on those! i have six other stranger things ones up on my account, and also those for game of thrones / asoiaf, it (2017 & 2019), marvel, celebrities, original apply fics, and various writing tips books. plus i have more fics coming in the future such as ones for euphoria, she-ra, the hunger games, percy jackson, and a whole heap more of stranger things ones in the works.

moonmaiden act three on its own was an act of 177,000 words and 369 pages! i hope you all enjoyed it. i currently have sar's plot over the next two acts and how it will officially end all planned, so let's hope the seasons cooperate. until whenever season 4 comes out!

if you have any questions, drop them inline here, i'm happy to answer them! thanks sm for sticking with me and sar, i promise i'll stop hurting her soon. ily all <3