ᵒ². ᵐᵒᵗʰᵉʳˢ.

,·*'∘,.·~'.˚∙.;'∘,·
.·* '∘ CHAPTER TWO: MOTHERS *·˚;∘
·,∘';. ∙ ˚.'~·.,∘'*·,

( tw. mentions of domestic abuse )

SAR WAS BREATHLESS with laughter when she walked in the door of her home, arms racked with shopping bags and a new duvet cover. She'd dropped Steve off at his house along the way, his mother was home and had wanted to see him, so he wasn't able to stay over again. Her face glowed, smile full of sunshine and those stupid sunglasses pushed up on her hair.

          James and Eleven looked up as she closed the door behind her, seated on the small couch. Some TV show was playing on the television, which Eleven was watching with vague interest. James seemed to have had made her popcorn, and he was spread out with his own can of Coke. "Someone had a good time," he observed, hanging over the back of the couch. Katie was still locked up in her room, and Sara's father must have still been at work. The family cat was spread out on the couch, black fluffy fur shining in the TV's light. He'd been adopted soon after Christmas, where Hopper had actually given in to adding another member to the ever-growing family, much to the childrens' surprise. They'd called him Charles by Katie's request,after Professor X from the X-men. It had seemed an applicable name since thefour Hopper kids were practically X-men themselves. 

          The blonde girl nodded, a grin on her face as she moved over to them. "It was really fun," she beamed, and James smiled at her. She reached over the back of the couch to steal some of his popcorn. "Has she come out at all?" Sara asked, pointing towards the closed door of Katie's room. She placed her shopping bags on the floor, and El made a face and began to rummage through her purchases.

          James shook his head, running his fingers through his dark blonde hair and tossing it back. "No. I was with her earlier, but she didn't talk much." Charles made a grumpy noise and James rubbed a hand over his fur.

         "She took half of our popcorn," Eleven supplied helpfully. Sar made a face of understanding, reaching for more.

         "Sar."

          Sara paused what she was doing, fingers hovering over the popcorn bowl. It was only one word, one time, but Sar knew this well enough to know what it meant. "I've got to go," she told James quickly, apologetically, even though she'd just arrived. She slung her backpack back over her shoulders, backing out the door before James could complain or even ask why she was leaving.