¹⁴. ⁱᵗ ᶠᵉˡᵗ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ᶠʳᵉᵉᵈᵒᵐ.

༉˚*ೃ ¹⁴. 𝐈𝐓 𝐅𝐄𝐋𝐓 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐃𝐎𝐌 !

𝐒𝐀𝐑 𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐓 Starcourt Mall in less than ten minutes, rain crashing down against her windshield and onto the roads. She wasn't really looking forward to getting out in that weather—but she supposed she must. She'd parked a fair bit away from the mall, just in case the Russians were out and about. This was a top-secret mission, after all. Still, Sar absolutely sprinted on foot towards the mall's rear entrance, fearing what was in the woods around her, especially with regards to the note she'd found at Starcourt.

          Thunder was cracking through the sky, masking her footsteps as she splashed through the rain. She really shouldn't be here at all. Sara tossed another look over her shoulder, making sure there was no one behind. She'd left her house at nine thirty-five, she hoped she wasn't missing anything.

          The walls of Starcourt Mall filled her vision ahead. With all the lights out, it looked like some kind of abandoned haunted building. The only glow illuminating the area was from the loading bay out back, emanating a haunting light. Her jog slowed down as she heard the beeping of a reversing truck echoing through the empty cement chasm. There were voices rising over the street as well—distinctly speaking in Russian rather than English. So, shit. Steve and the others had been right. Sar pulled her jacket tighter around her shivering form. Rain was getting in past the coat's hood and soaking her neck and t-shirt.

           In the lack of streetlights at the rear entrance of the mall, Sar's figure was simply a silhouette in the rain. She'd come to a complete stop, stepping on the spot in the rain so her sneakers wouldn't get too soaked. "Okay," she murmured to herself, and started off towards the mall. She stuck her hands in the pockets of her bright-yellow jacket—perhaps not the most inconspicuous colour choice for a spying mission, but it was one of her favourite jackets after all. Sara only hoped the Russians couldn't spot her marching in their direction. Even then, Sar supposed she could use her powers on them. But how fast could she do that without being shot first? Well, if it came down to it, she guessed she'd find out that way.

          Before their figures or truck came into view, Sar ducked away behind some of the buildings to the back entrance of the mall. The back entrance to Starcourt was still open as usual—despite each shop being closed up—and Sar made sure to be extra careful as her cold-bitten hands pushed them open as quietly as possible.