³³. ᶠᵒʳᵍⁱᵛᵉ ᵐᵉ.

༉˚*ೃ ³³. 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐌𝐄!

"𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐕𝐄! 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐕𝐄!" 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐒 shook his shoulders, roughly, jolting his head around and pulling him into consciousness. Steve blinked his blurry eyes open. It was Robin, looking down at him with her eyes wide and her face clouded with severe worry that seemed to change the composition of all of her features: brows curving inwards and upwards, mouth twisted up and gaze frightened. "Where's Sar?" she was yelling. Her words seemed to echo in his ears—not sinking in. Steve was still blinking at the dull light overhead, as it flickered. His head throbbed, swimming. He nearly couldn't hear her voice at all—it seemed very far away, like she was shouting from the Upside Down.

          "Huh?" was the type of unintelligible noise that left his mouth. His skull felt rattled—unbecome. There was blood caked against his forehead.

          "Where's Sar?" Robin exclaimed again. Her face was twisted into one of concern and fear, her eyes panicked, her lips parted. "She was with you, right? Where is she?" She clutched his shirt with his fingers, as he blinked, trying to rid himself of the swimming in his head. His skull ached all over—from the gun, from where he must have hit the ground.

          Steve pushed himself up into a sitting position, head clearing despite the pain. It hit him suddenly, like a bullet to the ribs. Struck him so fast he almost lost all semblance of himself. His eyes were instantly far away. "They took her," he murmured, slowly at first, disorientated. He was still blinking, feeling like the world was spinning around him. But the empty, hopeless tone in his voice was audible, that seemed to shake Robin to her core. "They took her." There was a deep, sinking feeling in his chest. One he couldn't rid himself of. It seemed to tug deeper and deeper, into his heart.

          Robin's face was filled with alarm. Her hands were clutching his shoulders, even as he sat up. "Who took her?" He still wasn't maintaining eye focus, and Robin shook him again. "Steve, I don't understand." She looked remarkably like she might cry, which was rather un-Robin like. The light overhead was still flashing wildly. Something was wrong.

          Steve was sitting there—aching all over—with his knees poking up and Sara Hopper nowhere in sight. On his face was a look of grating guilt, horror and anger. The familiar feel of dried blood was crusted across his face. He'd been struck rather hard. "I promised they wouldn't get her—I promised I wouldn't let them get her—" Robin was in complete alarm, her face pale, drained of all its colour, though she had no idea about the lab or any part about Sar once belonging to them. Steve reached out for her, let the tall girl pull him up off the cold, bitter cement. His wide eyes searched the dark forest to no avail; he staggered. "I've got to—" What did he have to do? If those men were from the lab, who knows where they'd be taking her? Interstate, across the country, hidden away in some laboratory—?