ᵒ⁸. ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘˢˢⁱᵃⁿ ⁱⁿᵛᵉˢᵗⁱᵍᵃᵗⁱᵒⁿ ˢᶜʰᵉᵐᵉ.

༉˚*ೃ ᵒ⁸. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐀𝐍 𝐈𝐍𝐕𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐆𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐌𝐄!

𝐃𝐔𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍 𝐒𝐋𝐀𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 door behind them, sealing Robin and the rest of the mall firmly outside. The secrecy of it all left Sara confused, standing aimlessly in the centre of the room. Her arched eyebrows raised in the perfect mix of confusion and surprise. "Wait, you guys are being totally serious right now? You're not playing a joke on me?"

         Dustin tossed his Camp Knowhere cap down onto the table as Steve moved behind her and gently placed a kiss on her cheek, making Sar wrinkle up her face, soon followed by a smile. Dustin seemed genuinely confused at her comment, "Why would we be playing a joke on you?"

          The blonde girl lovingly pushed her boyfriend away lightly and shrugged a little, "Just making sure." Sar grabbed one of the spare jars of cherries and placed it down on the table in front of her—removing the lid and inspecting the red fruits inside.

          "Here, listen," Dustin offered, holding up some kind of audio recording device as Sar dropped a cherry into her mouth. His thumb pressed the play button on the side and some form of recording began.

          The tape, surprisingly, was not a recording of Dustin and Steve messing around with her, but a man's low and gravelly voice. "Nedelya dlinnaya. Serebryanaya koshka kormit, kogda siniy vstrechayetsya s zheltym na zapade. Poyezdka v Kitay zvuchit khorosho, yesli vy idete legko." She recognised the language almost instantly, although she couldn't identify the words, from all those countless years spent in the Hawkins Lab. It brought something cold and shivery up inside her, that she immediately forced down.

          "Oh, wait, that's actually Russian," Sara commented in surprise, shocked that they'd actually been correct. The recording could have been talking in French and the two probably wouldn't be able to figure out the difference.

          Steve snorted and stole a cherry from her hand. "Of course it's Russian," he chuckled, as if lightly offended, and then wrapped his arms around her waist from behind in that very Steve way that he'd been doing since they first met—and Jesus how had the two of them been so oblivious for over a year?