²⁵. ᵇᵃᶜᵏ ᵗᵒ ᵗʰᵉ ᶠᵘᵗᵘʳᵉ....

༉˚*ೃ ²⁵. 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐔𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄...!

"𝐈 𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐓𝐎 God, Sar, keep moving!" Dustin exclaimed as he dragged the three teenagers along with Erica's help. The inner halls of Starcourt Mall moved past them in a blur, their footsteps falling heavy on the floor beneath them.  Steve had snuck the kids through these back entrances many times, to get into the movie theatre for free, and even Sar and he had ducked through these halls more than once to catch a movie they couldn't be bothered paying up for. The only unfortunate thing about these corridors is that the sound echoed endlessly, off of the long, empty hallways, and just the slightest noise could be heard from all the way down the other end of the mall. And Robin and Steve and Sar weren't exactly being quiet.

          "My legs hurt!" Sar whined childishly in response, "I was tied to a chair for like, two hours!" She was tired too, perhaps the drugs were making her even more sleepy. Her feet kept dragging to a stop—and then Dustin would tug her sharply by the arms and she'd run for a while—and then the cycle would start all over again.

          "Yeah, so were we!" complained Steve rather loudly. His voice echoed around them. "They beat the shit out of me!" Though there was a bit of laughter strung in his tone, he also sounded quite genuinely inconvenienced by the whole thing. Erica hissed shushes at him as they tugged the teens down the second flight of stairs. Dustin and Erica had their work cut out for them—very clearly sick of the teenagers' attitudes at this point. Maybe, for the first time, they were realising what a handful they themselves were half the time.

          "If you don't shut up," Erica proclaimed with annoyed seriousness in her tone, "I'm gonna leave you behind." Steve grumbled at that but stayed quiet for at least a minute, which was pretty impressive. But the hallways seemed endless, and the Russians soldiers were somewhere behind them. The corridors twisted and turned every which way—they seemed to be very aimlessly running. But Dustin was ahead, leading them, still dragging Sar after him. "Dustin, where are we even going!" exclaimed Erica, pulling Robin along by the arm as the older girl laughed giddily.

         His expression was a little panicked, but his voice sure, when he yelled back, "Just trust me!" In the twists and turns of the confusing corridors, they seemed to get away from the Russians, because between Sar's giggles she could no longer hear the shouting following behind them. Her face was alight—cheeks flushed red with heat, but face paled sickly, even her lips were a bit bloodless—a spark in her eyes, a glimmer of joy. She was grinning so widely it almost hurt. And even beneath all the bruises and the cuts and the Band-Aids and the blood, Sar was still somehow beautiful.