ᵒ⁹. ᵗʰᵉ ᵈʳᵃʷⁱⁿᵍ.

༉˚*ೃ ᵒ⁹. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐆!

𝐒𝐀𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐒 she leaned back into her chair, ankles twisted over each other on the table in front of her. It was unhygienic, but who cares? She was practically lying down at this point, knees drawn up to her chest so she could rest her arms onto them. Beside her, Robin sat in an equally uncomfortable plastic chair. She was flicking through the Russian dictionary while she bit down on an apple with the other hand. The Russian recording droned out the same message with the carousel music over and over and over again, for what must have been a good ten minutes. It was starting to drive Sara a little insane, if she was completely honest. Dustin was still perked up, ready for the first hints of success at their mission.

          So far, they'd only managed to draw out the Russian-to-English alphabet translation on Robin's whiteboard, and that's about as much progress as they'd gotten. Russian, as it turns out, was much harder when you realised every letter was completely different to the English counterpart. And Sar couldn't even use her powers to discover anything, because she didn't know anyone in this God-forsaken town who knew Russian, and there was no way she could propel her mind over to Russia without the help of some machines hooking her up. So she was left to sit uselessly and attempt to translate over Robin's shoulder.

          At this point, Sara thought she could probably recite the message in her sleep. She'd even resorted to murmuring it out loud along with the recording, "Nedelya dlinnaya. Serebryanaya koshka kormit..." Her voice seemed to be helping Robin concentrate somewhat, because the other girl was repeating the message alongside her.

          "Dlinnaya. Dlinnaya..." Robin pointed a finger at Dustin, and Sar nudged him in the head with her foot so he lifted his face off the table. "Wait, that last part, just one more time." Raising his eyebrows, Dustin rewound the device a little. "Dlinnaya. Okay—that word, um, it's pronounced... Dly-nna-ya."

          Nodding excitedly, Dustin repeated the word back to her, "Dly-nna-ya".

          Robin waved her hand around as she spoke, the cogs visibly turning in her brain. "Which is spelled... D..."

          The curly-haired boy launched himself on the chair and scrambled for the whiteboard. "D, D, D... The— the chair!" he exclaimed excitedly, pointing at the Russian letter with delight and turning back to look at them while grinning. "The ch— the chair-looking thingy." Sliding the notebook over to herself, Sar grinned as she wrote down the first letter of the Russian alphabet that they needed. One down, about two-hundred to go, but it was a start. With the squeak of her sneakers on the linoleum floor, Robin slid across the table to sit beside the notebook.