ᵒ¹. ˢᵗᵃʳᶜᵒᵘʳᵗ ᵐᵃˡˡ.

,·*'∘,.·~'.˚∙.;'∘,·
.·* '∘ CHAPTER ONE: STARCOURT MALL *·˚;∘
·,∘';. ∙ ˚.'~·.,∘'*·,

( season three spoilers, obviously, and there will be throughout this whole book )

"MOVING ON THE floor now babe you're a bird of paradise.

          Cherry ice cream smile I suppose it's very nice."

          The lyrics left the speakers of the stereo system and rolled off rounded lips as a paintbrush moved across the page like a living masterpiece. Acrylics spread in a gentle, focused pattern across a canvas; splattered over pale skin and on the desk which the easel was placed. The pastel pigments layered in a calculated mess, mapping the perfect image of a face: slim eyes like chestnut moons and a tanned cheek patterned with constellations of dark freckles. Her lips were a waterfall of browns and peaches, parted in soft shock, and lashes dark and straight.

          "With a step to your left and a flick to the right

          You catch that mirror way out west."

          The painter hummed along, if somewhat off-key, and sang some of the lyrics she knew, and those she didn't. She focused on her painting intently as she sang, beginning to drown out the music as she focused on each, careful stroke of the brush. "Her name is Rio and she prances on the sand, just like that river twisting through a dusty land—"

          A voice came from behind her, "Pretty sure it's dances, not prances."

          "What?" Arms wrapped around her from behind, a weight draping over her back, and she made sure to quickly pull her paintbrush away from the canvas. "Steve," Sar whined, "you're going to mess up my artwork!"

          Steve peered over her shoulder, placing his chin there. He watched her quietly for a bit, observing as she swiped the paint across the canvas. "Who are you painting now?" he asked after a while, leaving his chin nestled in the crook of her shoulder.

          "Seven, again," Sar said, "our age, though. As if she'd had the chance to grow up." They'd always been her biggest inspiration and remained so even now. It was always hard answering what her 'biggest inspiration for the paintings' was when she sold them.