¹². ⁿᵉᵛᵉʳ ʷᵃⁿᵗ ᵗᵒ ˡᵉᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵍᵒ.

༉˚*ೃ ¹². 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐆𝐎!

𝐀𝐓 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐈𝐍 the morning, Steve Harrington woke Sara up by stumbling into her dresser and knocking over all her things. He swore unceremoniously and tripped to the floor while trying to take off his pyjama pants. The noise sent her blinking her eyes open in surprise at the loud 'thud'. The sight of her boyfriend scrambling up off her carpet was likely the most unexpected thing, however. "Sar, I'm heading off to work, okay?" He was already pulling on his Scoops Ahoy uniform, hopping around her room as he tried to get the other leg in his shorts. Sar blinked sleepily, rubbing her eyes.

          "Yeah, okay," she replied with a yawn, forcing herself to climb out of her warm bed and into the cold air. She rubbed at her arms as her body left the safe comfort of her duvet. Some of the picture frames on her dresser were askew—Steve had tried to fix them as hurriedly as possible—and now Sara rearranged them. Shivers rose on her bare legs and she paced gently on the spot. One of the pictures was of the whole family—Sar, James, Katie, El and Hopper all crowded together, waiting for the automatic camera to click while they pulled silly faces—another was of her and Nancy at the pool; another of Sar and Steve huddled up against each other in the snow. Sar liked that one, the way snow caught on her eyelashes and Steve's mouth was wide with laughter. As if recognising that she was thinking about him, Steve tripped on his untied shoelaces and stumbled against her side.

          Trying to regain his composure and make the action seem less like a mistake, Steve glanced over Sara's shoulder and pointed hastily at the picture. "Oh, yeah, that's— that's a cute one." He brushed his hand under his nose as he nodded. "Real cute."

          An amused breath left Sar's nose as she tossed her head back to grin up at him. "Yeah, Stevie, it is." She pressed a kiss to his cheek as he finished tying the shoelaces of his expensive Nikes. He braced his foot on her bed to do so, not even budging it when she hummed in disagreement. Sar sidled up behind him and wrapped her arms around him from behind, relishing in the warmth emanating from his body. She pressed a kiss against the top edge of his shoulder—that was the perk about waking up beside her, she was always more affectionate in the mornings—and continued to cling onto him even as he straightened up.

          "You gonna let go?" he asked, even though Sar could tell he didn't quite want her to. If it was their choice, and if Steve didn't have work today, she knew they'd probably just collapse back on her bed and cuddle, and watch dumb movies for the rest of the day, listen to their favourite music. Sar would teach him the constellations, or he'd watch her paint over her shoulder. That was the beauty of them: they could do absolutely nothing all day, and still never want to be apart.