Chapter Four

Austin’s POV

She was beautiful. I mean she really was. I have never seen anyone like her. She looked at me probably wanting me to stop staring at her like a weirdo but I couldn’t. I was going through a tough time; I had just broken up with my other girlfriend. Alan went and hugged Izzy. She had been our friend for years now. No one knew but they were going out. They longed for Warped Tour so they could see each other. They were a nice couple. Soon they were going to make it public.

“This is Jet.” Izzy introduced her. She slung her arm over her shoulder and leaned on her. A beautiful name to go with a beautiful girl. Austin who are you kidding she would never go for you; you look like a thug and have a bromance. Well it wasn’t an official bromance, just for the cameras.

“I am your merch girl and stage hand for the next two days. Sorry guys you’re stuck with me.” Well even her voice was nice. It was deep but a nice deep, husky as well. At least I could hang with her. She looked at me again, I was still staring.

“Aww man!” Alan complained, jokingly of course. I laughed to myself. Tino and Phil laughed at Alan when he was lightly slapped by Jet.  “Ouch!” He joked. And looked at the floor when Jet gave him the look. I stood up this time looking at Jet. I was about to talk to her when her phone went off, it was Second & Sebring. I smiled and she fumbled trying to get it out. I think she was embarrassed about the song. It showed she liked our music.

“Josh now’s not the time.” Josh? Did she have a boyfriend? Great now I had no chance. Austin, listen to yourself, you have just gone through a break up and you really want another girl already. My mind always gave the best advice. She sighed.

“I’m sorry I’m busy.” She seemed to be getting angry at this Josh. She turned and walked off a little bit. We were surrounded by a woody area, shop, and road. The road wasn’t that busy.

“Yes, ok, deal with it!” She ran a hand through her hair. She was a tall girl, skinny.

“Fine meet me here in five. Not for long though.” She hung up and slid the phone back. Walking back over to us. 

“You alright?” Izzy asked, furrowing her brows. Jet ran a hand through her hair again. She nodded and swallowed.

“Yeh, he wants to talk.” She groaned.

“Maybe he has realised.” Izzy said comforting her. They didn’t give much information out, did they? Jet let out a ‘grr’ noise and she clenched her fists.

“I’m gonna go find him.” She pointed behind her. “I won’t be long.” She directed this at us. I nodded her off.

Jet’s POV-

I left Izzy with the guys to try and find Josh. I didn’t feel like talking to him right now. Austin just wouldn’t stop staring at me, was there something wrong with me? I couldn’t be bothered to check.

“There you are!” Josh sprung out from behind me, making me jump.

“Don’t do that Josh.” I sighed and crossed my arms.

“Sorry.” He bit his lip. He used to do that a lot when I loved him, it made my heart melt. “Anyway, I’m sorry that I haven’t been taking it in that you have dumped me-”

“Josh, if there’s something going on just tell me.” He looked at the floor.

“Jet, I was seeing another girl whilst we were together. Not like the others. And she dumped me and I came back to you. I was just lonely.” He was still looking at the floor.

“Josh we can still be friends, I like it that way. You’ll never be lonely.” I took his hands in mine. He looked up, his eyes shining.

“I wish. But the fact is that I cheated on you. I should never have done that.” I felt for him. But to be honest I didn’t care. I just wanted it sorted so we could be friends.

“I really do not care Josh. It was the past and I like to think you can learn from that. Enough said. And we’re on Warped and you’re in a band, any girl would want that.” I smiled at him and then pulled him in a hug. My feelings about him had become mutual.

“Thank you Jet. For understanding I mean.” I let go of him and was about to walk away. “See ya around then.” His American accent making me smile. I nodded and smiled.

“Sure.” Was all I said. The look in his eyes made my heart flutter. Was I liking him again? At that moment the gap between us closed and his lips were on mine, I replied to them. I leant back and he came with me. I heard someone behind us but I didn’t care. Josh pulled away and smiled, like he used to.

“What did that mean?” He asked, still smiling. I shrugged I didn’t know.

“I don’t know. If it did mean anything, your ways have to change.” I turned and left, still smiling, his kiss still on my lips. I thought I’d sleep on it and then make my decision about what was happening here.

Izzy had gone, with the guys, inside the Of Mice & Men bus. I felt awkward sitting out here alone but I needed the space. Just to think really. I sat with my hands behind my neck and leaned forward. It was getting late but I didn’t feel tired, I just needed to get my head around things. Did I still like Josh or was it just a spur of the moment. I heard footsteps come towards me but I didn’t look up. The person coughed to get my attention. I looked up hands on the sides of my face now. The guy had snap back, tunnels, a single braid, black hair- Oh my god; it was Tony from Pierce The Veil.

“If you’re looking for Austin and that, they’re on the bus.” I said, sighing and looking at the ground.

“No I wasn’t actually, well I kinda was. But you looked lonely.” He smiled at me. I shrugged and looked at the ground again.

“Just thinking.” Tony sat next to me on the log, which was here for some reason.

“What about?” He asked, hands clasped together looking in the direction of the road.

“Stuff.” I said blankly. Tony smirked.

“You really are useful.” He protested sitting up and looking at me, smiling.

“Yeh, I am.” I agreed, still interested in the ground.

“Tell me just a few words.” Fine, then, like you can help me though. I shrugged.

“Boyfriend trouble.” Tony nodded. I looked up and laughed. “Didn’t help much did it?” I smiled.

“No.” He smirked. Tony was a nice guy.

“My boyfriend, well ex, thinks we are still together. I keep telling him we’re not. Then this evening he told me he had been cheating and felt bad so that’s why he didn’t let go. I had no feelings towards him but he kissed me and I was ok with it, I reacted to it. I just don’t know what’s happening, I don’t know if I like him or what.” Tony laughed. I looked at him, like why are you laughing?

“If he treated you bad then he’s not the guy for you. Anyway, what is your name, mysterious girl?” I laughed. Tony made me smile, I needed it.

“The mysterious girl’s name is Jet. And yours is Tony.” I stuck my hand out for him to shake. He smiled.

“Yep, Tony. That is ma name.” I smirked as this. Tony looked up to the sky and sighed.

“That all you got then?” I asked, still smirking at him. He nodded. “Well, I can say I’m gunna be your merch girl/stage hand on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

“Pretty cool.” He laughed. “Merch girl. Anyway I better be going back to the guys.” He slapped his legs and stood up. I nodded. He walked off and I got my phone out. Tony stopped and spun round.

“Do you want to come?” He asked biting his lips. I shrugged. “We are partying. Beer and all.”

“Can’t have beer.” I sighed. “And my friend Izzy’s in there so.” Tony nodded. I looked at the bus, not sign of anything and then bit my lip, flipping my phone in my hands.

“But I’m sure there is other stuff I can have.” I smiled at Tony. He smiled back and I followed him to their bus.

~Look it's the lovely Of Mice & Men over there! Comment and vote. A penny for your thoughts.~