Chapter Fifteen

Austin’s POV

Why was she so stubborn? Or was it just me. Was I not seeing something? I had apologised as much as I could but still she didn’t accept it. We weren’t even together. I wished we were though, she is so pretty and really nice. My ex is such a bitch. She hates me for breaking up with her and then comes back to hurt the people around me. I wanted to talk to Jet so much but I knew that I should give her time.

“Hey guys!” Izzy chirped, skipping on to our bus. No one else was here at the front except from me. The others were in the back. I flinched, being snapped back to reality. She gave me a look. I wasn’t sure what it meant, but I knew she had a bit of anger towards me right now. I had hurt her best friend.

“Alan is in the back.” I said signalling backwards. I was sitting at the table, tapping my fingers on the slightly greasy worktop. She nodded but sat next to me instead.

“I wanted to talk to you. I made the excuse to Jet that I was going to see Alan.” She stopped for a bit then carried on. “I know what happened today wasn’t your fault. But I need you to take care of Jet for me.” She stopped, tears welling in her eyes. I looked at her confused and worried. Izzy had been our best friend for years now. She laughed nervously. “I need to go. Tell Alan I said hi.” She quickly walked off the bus, wiping under her eyes as she went.

“Hey Izzy, that you?” Alan chirped coming out from the back. I was still confused about what Izzy meant. “You alright mate?” Alan asked. I nodded and looked up.

“Yeah sorry, Izzy just left, you missed her.” Alan nodded and went in to the kitchen area. My phone rang, it was David Schmitt.

“Hey man, what’s up?” I asked down the phone, my voice slightly croaky.

“It’s Jet, something is wrong. I’m outside.” I walked out and found him. He smiled nervously.

“What’s up?” I repeated.

“I was talking to Jet on the phone but something happened. I don’t know what it was. But it sounded bad.” I raised an eyebrow. What was he on about? David carried on, seeing my confused state. “She was screaming. So it’s bad! She won’t answer her phone.” He said.

“Oh, ok. Where was she?” He shrugged. Then started to walk.

“You don’t know.” I nodded and followed. “I’ll look around here. You go from the woods and back.” David nodded and ran towards the edge of the field. He had bonded with Jet pretty well today. They seemed like they were going to be really good friends. Enough about that I needed to find Jet. I got my phone back out and rang her number. I heard in the background the tune of Second & Sebring.

“JET! JET!” I ran around loads of buses and found a phone on the floor. It was Jets. I threw my arms up in the air in annoyance. “Shit!” I picked her phone up. Really Jet? I didn’t know where to look now. I hoped David had found her on a bus somewhere. I just kept running around looking for a glimpse of her. Nothing yet.

David’s POV- 

I was pretty worried about Jet. No one screams when they are on the phone, for no reason. There was another person there but I don’t know who it could be. I ran past a bus and caught a glimpse of blue. I walked backwards, it was her beanie. She was looking for that. I smiled. I picked it up. I started to run again. In a matter of minutes I got to the edge of the woods that were on the edge of the field place we were in. I started to walk along the tree line. Still hoping, hoping she wasn’t in any trouble or harm and that Austin had found her.

“JOSH GET OFF ME!” I heard someone shout in the woods. Jet. What the hell? Who was Josh anyway?

“JET? JET, WHERE ARE YOU?” I shouted running in to the woods. On the floor was Jet. A guy was sitting on top of her. I’m lucky I got there in time otherwise she would be doing it with some guy.