13

Hayden hadn't been staying here all week due to studying for midterms, but I was trying not to think about it a lot. I had gotten the worst sleep ever this week because I had grown used to having someone here with me.

Standing in the mirror, I take in my appearance of dark bags under my tired eyes. My face was pale, and I looked sick. I needed to pull myself together, Calum was going to call soon, and he didn't need to know about any of this.

I debate for a few minutes whether or not I should put on some makeup to look less dead but decide against it. Calum had seen me like this before, and I can always tell him I didn't get enough sleep.

When I got back to my room, I settled into the bed but then couldn't remember if I had locked the front door so I got back up. My phone starts ringing as soon as I lock the door so I answer it almost immediately.

"Hey T! I missed seeing my girlfriends face." Calum groans and I notice he's in bed already too."I miss squishing your cheeks just because you hate it." I giggle, and he rolls his eyes.

"Are you doing okay?" He asks, his smile falling to a more serious expression.

"Yeah, just haven't been getting much sleep. I'm a little stressed about not having a job yet. I've even gotten a couple more certifications, but no one will even interview me." I finally make it back to my bed and settle back down. I think a lot of my anxiety recently has come from not being able to find a job, but I try to blame it on being alone.

"Someone will eventually. Are you okay on rent and money? I can always help you out."

"I have my rent paid through March, so that's a month and a half away. I also still have a lot in savings so I'm okay but you know I'd feel more comfortable if I had a job." I shake my head and then shrug.

"Don't feel like you can't ask me for anything though, I wouldn't mind." He gives me a look like he's making sure I know he means it, and I nod.

"I know I can, Cal. I appreciate it. I think I'm going to ask Hayden to move in with me anyway, so we'll split the amount I usually pay." I turn over to my side, and my hair falls in my face, so I move it. Calum's facial expression immediately turns into one of confusion.

"Oh really? I knew you two were good friends, but I didn't know you were that close." He also turns over, so his face goes out of view for a second.

"Well yeah, she's been spending a lot of time here anyway. We've gotten really close. You don't think I should ask her?" I furrow my eyebrows, I could tell by the way his tone changed that he wasn't a big fan of the idea.

"I don't know. It seems like it hasn't been that long since you two started hanging out, like what if you don't know important things about her yet? What if she moves in and everything changes and suddenly you're living in a pig sty because she leaves her messes everywhere? Or what if you realize that you two get sick of each other after a week of being together constantly? It might be too soon."

I try not to let my facial expression fall, so he doesn't notice. I didn't expect him to be so opinionated about it, but I guess he was. Maybe he had a point, and I just need to suck it up. I'll have to live alone at some point in my life.