14

+++++

"Your family is going to hate me for taking you away from them," I whine to Hayden while pulling my shirt over my head.

"No, they won't. I already packed everything up, so we just have to move the boxes, but we'll still probably get stuck there because my siblings will be fascinated by you." She laughs, standing next to me in the bathroom.

"Okay, are you ready to go?" I take a deep breath and exit the bathroom.

"Yeah, but we have to wait because I asked someone else to come help us. They should be here soon." She turns off the light behind her, and I nod.

"I'm most excited to not sleep on a twin bed anymore honestly. What am I going to do with all this bed space?"

I look up from my phone to see her standing at the doorway of her room, and I laugh.

"Calum hasn't replied to my text in like three hours, but I know he has a couple of days off and it's annoying me." I groan. Before Hayden can respond, there's a knock at the door.

"Can you get that? I'm too busy looking at my room and deciding how to decorate it." Hayden calls over her shoulder, and I roll my eyes.

"Sure, I'll get up from my comfortable spot on the couch to open the door for the friend that you invited," I say with exaggeration as I walk to the door.

"Oh, poor pitiful you." Hayden laughs.

I look back at the texts on my phone as I open the door, frowning at the lack of response Calum had been giving me. I wondered if he was still mad that I asked Hayden to move in with me.

"Hey, T." A sweet and familiar voice says. I look up to see Calum standing at my door.

"Are you kidding me?" I yell, dropping my phone and immediately jumping into his arms. He catches me while laughing.

"You're here? Your hair is blonde? What the hell?" I pull back from him with my legs still wrapped around his waist.

"Do you like it? I had it done this morning." Calum smiles at me but then makes an unsure expression because he can't read my face.

"Yeah, you look hot as ever. I love it!" I don't hate it but I also really liked his dark hair, it felt like it was a part of him.

"No, you don't." Calum sets me back on my feet, but he's laughing, so I don't think he's too hurt.

"It doesn't look bad, and I don't hate it, but I really like your natural hair. It'll grow on me. I'm sure." I lean up and pout my lips, so he gives me a kiss.

"Hey, Cal." I laugh, kissing him again.