20

"I swear you'd lay in that bed all day if I never came in here to get you up." Mali groans from the doorway. I'm still a little groggy as I roll over to look at her. 

"If your bed felt like you were sleeping on clouds and smelled like your boyfriend that you miss dearly, you'd never want to leave either." I throw a pillow at her, and she laughs. 

"Get up, today we're going to hike to the Hollywood sign with Duke, then we'll grab some dinner with my friends. If you like them you'll have more people to hang out with once I leave." She comes over and pats my legs.

"Fine. What are you going to wear?" I sit up and stretch my arms. 

"I don't know. I want to hike, but I also want to look cute for pictures. We could drive up to a spot I know, take some pictures, and then change for the hike." Mali sits down on the bed next to me. 

"Damn, you're right; this bed is comfortable."

"Yeah, we could do that. It's kind of extra, but that's okay. It's not supposed too hot outside today so Duke should have fun." I scoot to the edge of the bed before getting up to go to my closet, or I guess Cal and I's closet.

"I think I'm just going to wear an athleisure outfit, but I'll take pictures for you."

"Okay, I'm going to get dressed." She hops off the bed and disappears down the hallway. Duke watches her leave from his bed that is sat just inside the door. 

I decide on a cropped sweatshirt with capri leggings and my Nikes. I spray some dry shampoo in my hair before putting it up in a bun and then exiting Calum's room. Duke's nails tip tap against the hardwood as he follows me around. I see that Mali already made herself breakfast, so I opt for a banana and sit on the couch while I wait for her. 

"Do you like this dress?" My attention is brought from my phone to my boyfriend's sister that's standing in front of me. She's wearing a simple chambray dress with thin straps and her white tennis shoes. 

"Yeah, it looks light and comfortable. I like it." I nod and look back at my phone, reading over the texts Calum had sent this morning. I'd been here for four days now, so I'm halfway through my week with Mali. It's a little sad.

From: Calpal
good morning :))
btw mali sent me a pic of u sleeping in my bed
it was the cutest fucking thing i've ever seen
or i guess i should've said...
OUR BED
fuck i want to come home i miss u:(((

I laugh at how he's definitely not afraid to double text considering he sent six in a row. "Why did you send Cal a pic of me sleeping in his bed?"

"It was cute, and I knew he'd appreciate it." She yells through the house. She had gone back into her room to find her clothes for the hike. 

To: Calpal

i miss u too 😭
mali and i are taking duke on a hike today 
and then we're going to dinner with her friends
she said if i like them, i could hang out w them once she leaves
i'm kind of scared though what if they don't like me 😶

From: Calpal
she has questionable taste in friends be careful
i'm just kidding they're all really nice
you'll do fine i promise
send me lots of pics of duke and make sure to bring water for him

To: Calpal

obviously, i'm going to bring water for him dummy