Authors Note/Concepts

Hi all!! Instead of doing an epilogue, I decided to do a little blurb about where I see Cal and Teagans future going. For now, it's just this, but I might add more to this part in the future if I think of another concept. (Example: Calums proposal to Teagan, I'd write a short summary of how I think it would go.)

So the book ends at the beginning of summer, so I imagine that the first couple weeks of him being home are great. They probably spend most of the time alone (with exception of the first few days when the boys are there) and naked because it's their house and they just like that they can do what they want. I think that after the first couple of weeks, things start to get tense because Calum has pretty much always lived alone and his crap is everywhere. She ignores it for maybe like a week because she's starting classes three days a week and preparing for that takes a lot of energy, and she thinks that maybe while she's gone he'll realize that the place is a MESS and want to clean up. That's not the case. They both start to feel a little bit suffocated because they haven't spent even close to this much time together since last summer and things are different now. They're cranky all the time and the boys come over for a party or something probably to celebrate being signed to a new label and notice really quickly that Teagan and Calum stay on opposite sides of the room/yard/house. After that, they have like an intervention type thing and Cal says he's had a hard time adjusting and they talk it out and it results in really sweet and soft sex bc they were both feeling kind of unloved from the negative energy between them. 

As for their future, the boys want to make at least two more albums which means roughly two and a half more years of spending time apart, if not more. Calum starts talking about marriage at the end of their next tour so maybe like a year and a half after the book ends. It's small hints like wanting to complete the series that's hung on the wall or he says something about seeing a couple getting engaged on Instagram and he kind of hopes that Teagan notices but she doesn't ever act like she wants that so he stops bringing it up. Teagan had been noticing and she also noticed that he stopped dropping hints, which meant she thought he was going to propose soon but then months pass and their final album is released and he's leaving for tour in a week and she's confused. She decides to ask him if he changed his mind about it and he's a little bit shocked and then extremely worried that she's been feeling like he doesn't want to marry her. I'm not going to go into details of the proposal rn but it probably happens while he's on tour when she has flown out to visit for a couple of weeks and I bet it's in a place she's always talked about going and it's like the fairytale she imagined. It's not long after that that he starts talking about kids and Teagan is open to it because they're on their last tour and she had always said she wouldn't have kids until he was home full time. Except for the fact that she's never actually told him that? She thought she did but she realizes she failed to when he starts talking about one more album and one more tour and he says that they can have their wedding in the next break and then get pregnant so they'll have a kid when he gets home but his timeline means she'll have the baby without him and that absolutely doesn't fly with her. It's kind of a fight between the two for a couple of weeks but it's unspoken which makes it tense and their conversations are short and Calum thinks she's going to send him a pic of her ring sitting on the counter any day now. Except she doesn't, she distances herself for a few days to gather her thoughts and lay out all of the things she wants so they can talk about it and they do. They decide to wait until the band will be home for at least a year before they even start to try for a baby and that also means they're behind on wedding plans and only have like eight months to plan everything. I think they probably have like two kids, maybe three, but honestly none of the boys even thought they'd have one considering they're so obsessed with each other they'd never have time for a baby. They're all so happy though bc cal was most likely to get married last but he found his soulmate before the rest of them. ;,)

if you like things like this, feel free to let me know and i'll write them! 
ideas i could write (just to give examples, i could do any you wanted me to):

1- cal choosing his best man / the best man speech
2- their first fight in the house which means they can't leave bc they both live there
3- the proposal

4- how they decide baby names

5- their wedding/honeymoon/FINALLY getting the last two pieces to the series

just comment here if you want me to write something else! i won't be adding anymore parts to this book, just editing this one to add more. 

+++

So now that all of that is out of the way, I want to say THANK YOU times a million. Honestly, Talk Fast is the first thing I've written since I wrote FRESHMAN in 2014 (or 15? idk). It was so nerve-wracking to get back into writing but I am so glad I did. The support of you guys is what kept me going and I will never be able to say thank you enough!

As a little tradition I've started...

Comment here your favorite part of this book!

Comment here if you have any questions for me about the characters or plot holes you noticed, or anything else!

I do have another book in the works. Two ideas actually, how would you feel about a "friends to lovers" Calum fic, or a Luke book called "Lie to Me" (based off the song) to change it up a little bit?

For now, though, I'm going to take a break and I probably won't be back until August at least, maybe later. I will be posting text imagines on my instagram, so you can keep up with me there. The handle is kr.stxn

SO MUCH LOVE for all of you, seriously

ily
kristen