26

The flight Ashton booked Calum didn't leave LA until one in the afternoon which meant he was absolutely stuck on coming to the gym with me for my first day of classes. I told him it was dangerous because people who show up expecting him to be there every time after this, but he just shrugged and said, "More people, more money for you. Also, you never promised I'd be there so as long as you don't do that, they can't complain."

I guess he was right, and he didn't actually stay in the classroom with me all day. Josh had new workouts to show him that would be easy for him to maintain while he was on the road and then he spent the rest of his time being mischievous and playing pranks on the staff. Excluding me of course. Classes were sorted by age because that was the easiest way to categorize everyone and so far most of my classes had been full. Duke loved getting pets while everyone stretched and warmed up before class. 

I think you could imagine the horrified looks on the 18-20-year-olds group when Calum busted through the door towards the end of class. He was sputtering something like, "I knocked over a weight rack on accident and now I need to hide," before he tucked himself into the closet where supplies are kept. Almost all of the girls stopped moving, and I was the only one still following our Zumba routine. 

"Come on keep moving, if he's going to hide successfully we need to act normal!" I laugh, encouraging them to hop back in. They hesitated but continued. Many of them glanced at the door from time to time and Duke had even posted up outside of it like he wanted in. That's what gave Cal away when Josh did finally come in about ten minutes later. 

He pretty much dragged Calum out by the ear and once the door shut I heard a collective sigh come from the girls and I couldn't help but laugh. "I hope you guys will join me next week! Cal is downstairs somewhere if you want to meet him. Josh will get even more pissed if he has a line of girls waiting to take a picture with him so I encourage you to do it!" 

Many of them thanked me for being so cool and not like anything girls in the fandom said I was like. That confused me a little bit, I hadn't met many of Cal's fans, so how could they know what I was like? I knew speculation would happen but I wasn't sure I realized it would give me a false sense of character. I knew that this job would help me with that. 

I almost hesitated to keep promoting my classes on my Instagram because I didn't want anyone to think I was using the followers I got from being Calum's girlfriend to my advantage for the wrong reasons. Calum reminded me that no one would sign up for a workout class if they didn't want to work out, so my fears subsided just a little bit. I had also begun to earn a large following from workout accounts or fitness motivation accounts which were also nice. 

Not long after that, I took a break to take Cal to the airport and I think when I walked back into the gym without him everyone cheered. It was all playful, and I was glad that having him here didn't ruin anyone's attitudes towards me. 

It's been two weeks since he left and I'm sure he's sick of me asking how he's doing a million times a day. I just want to make sure he's taking care of himself. They were scheduled to be home the first week of May which is a whole month before they intended. They had taken some shows out just in case it was too much after what had happened. A month seemed like a lot but they had been doing a show once every two days and now they've been doing one every night. 

Currently, I was sitting against the window in the dance studio at the gym eating my lunch with Duke laying next to me so I decided to call Calum. 

"Hello, my beautiful girlfriend." Calums smile is so wide it makes my cheeks hurt. 

"Hello," I giggle and he groans. 

"Wow, that's all I get after I greet you like that?" 

"Calum you are the most beautiful boy I've ever seen," I say dramatically and he laughs.