28

Calum was coming home today. I had spent the last three days cleaning every inch of the house. More of the decor he was talking about arrived but I was waiting to open it when he got here so we could hang them together. It almost looked like we were moving in because of the boxes everywhere.

Hayden's flight was the one Calum was getting off of so it worked out perfectly. She had seen me stressing over the house for the last week and if she hadn't been here I probably would've pulled my hair out. He had been here a month and a half ago but what if I had moved something he didn't like and he just hadn't noticed? What if he thought it was all wrong and decided he didn't want me to live with him?

It was definitely an irrational thought, but I wanted everything to be perfect. I also really wanted a nap but I wouldn't be able to take one until he was home and I wasn't going to complain because maybe I could convince him to nap with me.

"Teagan come sit down. You've cleaned everything at least twice. We have an hour and a half before we have to walk out of the door so please rest." Hayden is sitting on the couch, her arms stretch out towards me and I sigh before dragging myself over there.

When I collapse next to her she wraps her arms around my shoulders and pulls me in. "I can guarantee he's going to be more focused on you than the state of the house. Which looks great, somehow you made boxes of all shapes and sizes look organized."

"I've always been good at cleaning and organizing." I shrug. Since it was the last week of May, there were no classes at the gym until the second of June. It gave all of the staff some sort of 'summer break.' I loved the timing, I'd get to stay at home with my favorite person for two whole weeks.

"Lucky you." She rolls her eyes and I sigh, sinking further into the couch. I'm so ready for it that I'm getting anxious because I still have to wait.

"Take a nap and I'll wake you when we need to leave." Hayden pats my shoulder and then gets up, heading for the hallway to go finish putting away some of her last-minute things.

"I'm so glad you're my best friend, you read my mind about taking a nap." I chuckle and stand up as well, heading to my bedroom.

"Honestly, you're pretty athletic but you're also always down for a nap. That's 100%."

I head into my bedroom and I'm relieved that it's actually clean. I know I cleaned it, but it's still so satisfying to walk in and not have to step over clothes or shove things around with my foot. The way Duke has happily snuggled himself into his bed, I'd say he's happy about it too.

The bed dips as I lay down, lifting my hips to shimmy out of my shorts. It's more comfortable this way, plus I think the air is starting to go out. The house had been running hot for a couple of days. I pulled out a small notebook from the nightstand and wrote down to ask Calum about it. I wasn't sure if he'd notice when he walked in or not.

As soon as I settle into the soft comforter, Duke hops up on the bed and nudges me to let him snuggle against me under the covers.

+++

I'm still groggy from my nap when Hayden drags me out to the car but I quickly stretch to wake myself up before I get behind the wheel. She starts the navigation and I pull out of the driveway. I get butterflies in my stomach thinking about how close I am to seeing Calum again and finally having him home for a few months.

The butterflies might also be anxiety over the surprise Calum has for me because he wouldn't give me any hints to what it was.

"Are you ready to go back home?" I ask Hayden. She's leaning her head against the window like she's sleepy.