21

I push the door open with my shoulder and take in the gym before me. It's huge, and this is just the first floor.

"Hi, Welcome to Hollywood Fitness. Can we get you a membership or a day pass?" A woman walks up to me from the side, I hadn't seen her because I was eyeing the types of equipment they had.

"I'm here for an interview with Josh. My name is-"

"Teagan, right? You're right on time. We'll get you set up over here. First, you'll fill out some paperwork for us." She motions for me to follow her up to the front desk. I wait a minute for her to go around the other side and pull out some papers as well as a clipboard. I assumed I'd be filling out an application, but when she handed it to me it said, "Employee Direct Deposit Info" and the sheet underneath that was, "Available Times for Classes and/or Clients"

"Shouldn't I fill out an application or do my interview before this stuff?" I look over the clipboard and then back up at her.

"We got a lot of your information already from Calum, including your regular workouts and certifications etcetera. Those are things we would've asked you on the application so there's no point for us to have it twice.  If there is anything we missed, Josh will ask about it in the interview. You can sit in that area to fill out the paperwork." She points over to the area with a couple of couches and tables.

I slowly make my way over there and start looking on my mobile banking app for the routing and account numbers. I'm a little frustrated because Calum knew I wanted to get this job on my own. I guess I can't complain though, I needed a job and I'd been wanting to do this for months. It looked like the colors of the gym were blue and yellow, meaning that would probably be what I'd need to wear pretty often. I think I could do that.

After I find all of my banking information, I fill out my personal information and then move on to the next page. It felt a little over ambitious to put that I was available at any time for any amount of clients or classes but honestly, I had nothing else to do besides sitting at home. I decided I'd wait and see what Josh thinks, so I left most of that page blank. I stand up and take the clipboard back over to the girl I had been talking to. Her nametag says Meagan.

"I want to talk to Josh about available times and all that, so is it okay that I left it blank?" I slide the clipboard across the desk so she can see it.

"Yeah, I'll start entering your banking information now. Josh will come get you when he's ready."

I nod and return back to where I was sitting. I don't know what to do with myself now, it feels awkward to sit and wait. Luckily, I don't have to wait long before a tall man with very large muscles approaches the couch I'm sitting on.

"You must be Teagan, it's so nice to finally meet you. I'm Josh. We'll start in my office and then we'll take a tour, sound good?" He holds out his hand and I shake it before following him to the elevators.

"All of our offices are on the third floor, it's probably what you'll use the least often but it's good to have when you need it."

I nod and he pressed the third floor button. We're both silent until we get to our destination, I sit at a chair across from his desk and he settles into the swivel chair behind it.

"How're you settling in so far?" He asks as he opens a drawer and pulls out a file that has my name at the top.

"Fantastic. I have Calum's sister here with me until tomorrow and then I'm kind of on my own but I'm ready for it. It feels nice to be somewhere new, I'm excited to have the opportunity to be here." I smile at him and he nods, thumbing through my file some more.

"So Meagan said you didn't fill out the availability sheet?" Josh's eyes leave the paper to look into mine.

"Well, I kind of wanted to know what people normally start with? I don't have any friends here or another job so my only obligation is to Calum's dog, but I wasn't sure if it would be too ambitious to start with a full schedule." I fumble with my hands in my lap and he sucks his bottom lip in between his teeth.