Chapter 5: Like A Space Robot From Space?

I'm alive!!! Sorry for not updating in a while, all I can say was that I wasn't in the mood to write. But if it helps I did finish the second book to this series (that seems to be a habit of mine. I always finish the second book before the first). But anyways I hope you guys like this chapter, and know that we meet the Autobots in either the next chapter or the chapter after that. 

Enjoy!

Metal clanks and screeches against each other as Sam bursts through the garage door. His eyes find me in a heartbeat, and his pace quickens until he's right in front of me. I gape at him and glance over my shoulder to the yellow and black Camaro. It's a robot. A robot who can transform into a car.

"Lexi, I need to borrow your car." It doesn't even sound like a question but more like a demand. And despite his rather rude tone, I can only stare wide-eyed at the vehicle. It's a fucking space robot. I tell myself. When I went in to buy this car I expected it to have an engine problem, and a swinging door issue, but watching it transform and crouch its ginormous body in this tiny house-separated garage in my backyard. That was something I couldn't even fathom. But here it is, disguised like a normal car.

I've been staring too long and Brooke nudges my shoulder, harder than it needed to be. My eyes snap to Sam, his brown eyes filled with a certain kind of fire that only seems to ignite when he talks about the one girl that doesn't seem to notice his existence. "Mm? Did you say something?"

Way to go me. Don't act suspicious at all.

Sam's shoulders sag like i've just drained him of the hour pep talk he had with himself in front of the mirror, pretending that the reflection was a stubborn older sister. "Seriously?" He shakes his head, moving back to the topic at hand. "Whatever. Okay. I need to borrow your car-"

"No." Brooke takes the words right out of my mouth. But I don't understand why I would refuse Sam's offer. He would take the giant alien car away far from me, and maybe it runs away while he's out, or maybe it lets Sam drive him and then keeps quiet in my garage. What does it want? It could have killed us but it didn't. Maybe it was because Sam came through like a hurricane, interrupting any further quotes from The Shining.

"It's not you're car," Sam sneers, folding his arms over his chest. "It's Lexi's."

"No." Those were the only words I could manage while trying to not look as pale as I felt. I wondered if my eyes looked as dazed and stunned as my shaky body.

Sam turns his head away from Brooke. "Come on, Lex. Just this once."

"No," I say again, trying to sound stern and like my old self. But the Camaro behind me was made the hairs on my neck stand. "Why do you even, um, want it anyways? It's my car remember?"

The fire in his eyes ignites again and his tone reminds me of a five-year-old stomping their foot in protest. "Because there's a party down at the lake -- Miles and I want to go."

"Mikaela's there." Brooke sighs, keeping it much cooler than me. Her arms are folded over her chest, weight shifted onto one hip and expression annoyed. Of course, she would be the calm and collected one in this type of situation. Who knows how many times some guy has pointed a gun at her or threatened to kill her. A giant alien couldn't be much different, right?

I tried to mimic her exact stance. Shifting my weight a few times but never seeming to find the right hip to lean on. My arms kept adjusting around my chest, folding and refolding which was probably driving my sister insane. My actions weren't helping me seem relaxed.

"Come one, Lex. You can even come with me." Sam pleads.

I scoff, annoyed with my little tone. "I can come with you? It's my car, Sam." Saying that I owned something alive felt wrong, like I was somehow enslaving it against it's will. "If anything you should be asking not telling me to use my car."