Chapter 6: To Punish and Enslave

Hey everyone! I'm back with another chapter. If you guys really enjoy the book, please, by all means, share it with your friends, it would mean a ton to me. And vote, it helps keep me motivated instead of just focusing on my dragon rider book, ya know? 

Anyways, please enjoy the chapter and if you see anything or have CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, I will be happy to take your advice. I'm new and everyone can always learn something new. 

Enjoy!

The next few days flew by fast and to my surprise nice and quiet. Sam wasn't bugging me, mad police cars weren't chasing me. I would drive to work, early in the morning, save a few people -- lose some, and then drive home sometime during the night when I should have been asleep four hours ago. Bee was good company and didn't exactly mind staying parked near the hospital, though I noticed that he would drive off every once in a while. Probably to make sure that the cop car wasn't still lingering around.

Brooke had spent most of her time with Bee, and the two had been getting along with each other better than I expected. She would ask him questions about his planet and he would do the same. I didn't mind. Bee could use someone to talk to while I was at work. And over the past few days, we had grown to trust the space robot to not kill us, especially after he saved us from the bot known as Barricade.

To punish and enslave. The words rang in my head every time I thought about him. My stomach twisted at the phrase and imagining what the cop car would have done to my sister and I or even Bee if he had caught either one of us.

I shook the thoughts out of my mind and trotted down the stairs and into the open living room. Ron was outside, on all fours and setting some large stone into the grass. His 'path' that he had been working on in the back yard for over a week and took great pride in it. He'd yell at us every time he saw or thought he'd seen one of us walk on the grass.

Judy was outside, working on her flower garden which surrounded the house. Like Ron, she took a lot of pride in keeping her mixture of purple, red, and pink flowers trimmed and healthy. My eyes dart to the blonde beside her, on her knees and patting some soil around one of the newly planted tulips.

I snorted, seeing my sister's concentrated face. Her brows were pulled together, lines on her forehead and she glared intently at the plant. Most people would have never even thought to approach my sister with her resting bitch face. But, of course, I didn't give a fuck.

I walked outside, smiling at Bee who was parked on the driveway that stretched to the side of the house. My family didn't bother with fences. But thick vines and plants surrounded the backyard and provided a little privacy from the neighbors.

Pretending to be minding my business, I was careful to keep on Ron's partially made stone path. My eyes never faltered from the hose that had the little tiny sprinkler system attached to it. I bent over, reaching across the grass to pick it up.

Cold water trickled down my hand as I winked at Bee. The handle fits well in my hand, reminding me of a gun. Squeezing the handle of the hose, water streamed out in a focused line of cold water. My sister screamed, turning and using her hands to try and protect her face from the jet stream. "Lexi!"

Judy yelped, quickly standing up onto her feet and backing away while Ron bellowed in laughter.

Brooke went into the many years of police training ingrained in her. She leaped out of the spray of the stream and charged towards me.

I gasped, running onto the grass and continuing to try and drench my sister.

"Off the Path!" Ron yelled, throwing some kind of small tool into the grass. Listening to the man who adopted my sister and I, my path of run changed course. I sprinted over towards Bee when Brooke yanked the hose from my hands.