Chapter 13: An Assassin At Work

This meme was literally me trying to create something different for this fanfiction. I spent like two weeks just sitting in my bed thinking about how to make my story at least semi-interesting to both read and write. I was like, 'shit, how the fuck do I add my antagonist in here instead of introducing them in the second book?' Let's just say I way over thought this BUT fear not, I have fucking MacGyvered this shit and now have a better plot!

Has anyone read the Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard. Literally, THE. BEST. BOOK. EVER!!!! I've read the series three times and my writing has improved so much because of her. It's also given me a new sense of abilities for my other stories where the reader has lighting powers. Such an amazing book. Highly recommend in case anyone is looking for a new series to read.

Thank you for reading and feel free to leave comments, concerns or any mysterious theories you have.

                                                                                  Brooke

At first, it started off as one bullet. One that nearly killed my sister but by some miracle just scraped her cheek, has turned into a spray of bullets zipping through the air. 

She flinches, hands going to her head as Jazz swoops her into his grasp. He holds her close to his chest, blue eyes darting behind me towards the bridge. He aims his weapons in the direction of the gunfire while all the bots move to create a protective circle around us, including Agent Fucking Stupid in his rose trunks and sweaty Superman undershirt.

"Lexi!" I yell, my heart hammering in my chest. Sam and Mikaela react out of fear, running to the yellow and black bot next to them. Optimus orders everyone to untie the Agents and I'm the first to make it to them, using the bot's feet as shields from the spray of bullets.

Sparks light up the night sky and I can't help but bring my hands over my head in attempts to try and protect myself. Bullets ricochet off the bots' feet, and I take a little comfort in knowing that their directory is now aimed at me instead of my sister. And she quickly learns to stop poking her head over Jazz's hand because someone really wants to kill her dead and doesn't hesitate to try and take a shot.

Simmon and his group flinch, heads whipping around in the chaos. But there's a pause before each bullet and I can practically see the assassin, pulling back on the guns lever, reloading.

Five. I think, easily distinguishing the steady rhythm of gunfire.

"The bridge!" Ironhide yells, pointing his canons in the direction. "It's coming from the bridge!"

"Brooke, get them untied." Ratchet orders as I kneel in front of the smartass, little fucking punk called Simmons. He eyes me warily and for a long moment, all we do is stare at each other with hate burning in my eyes But I untie him and his comrades from the street lamps without a second thought. They may be assholes, but they don't deserve to die.

Each agent snaps to their feet, moving to cover as their unbound from their ropes. I make a reach for my belt, unholstering my pistol and keeping it close to my chest. 

"Brooke!" My head whips to Sam with his hands coned around his mouth. Mikaela clings to his arm, jumping and yelping with the zipping bullets.

At least we have the bots.

Behind me, Jazz grunts, keeping his hand cradled to his chest as another larger robot of black and silver colors tackles him to the ground. My cry mixes in with Sam's as Optimus orders the bots to grab Sam, Mikaela, and I. He takes Sam and Mikaela and tries to make a grab for me, but I'm quick to duck out of his grasp and sprint towards Jazz.