Chapter 8: Woah, You Guys Really Prepared for This presentation

As Bee pulled into an abandoned alleyway near the outskirts of the city, mist rose from the pavement like it had just rained a few hours ago. Though as I looked beside us at the factory, I assumed that condensation was coming off of that, somehow.

When the car pulled to a stop, we got out, separating enough to let Bee transform back into his metal humanoid robot self. By now, none of us seemed fazed by the giant robot and instead focused on the rumble of an engine ascending from the ravine. I squinted at the mist, watching as a red and blue flamed semi appeared.

My eyes snapped to Bee who stands beside my sister and I, wondering why he stands his ground instead of hiding in his vehicle mode. Maybe this is another one of his friends? I wonder, looking to Sam who had stuck by Brooke and I throughout this crazy night. After all just an hour ago our little group had just seen another metal robot.

He and Mikaela had both been chased and attacked by a tiny robot and also a police car, and neither of them had run off. Part of me wondered if they stayed for each other. Or maybe Sam stuck to us and Mikaela stayed because of him.

The four of us grouped in front of Bee, with me standing in the middle of the group.

I straightened, trying my best to look not at all amazed at the semi that halted less than a foot away from me. And with me being 5'3, the grill of the eighteen wheeler was nearly the size of me. The heat of the engine danced across my skin, causing goosebumps to raise.

For the hundredth time today, I witnessed another transformation of car to machine. Thick muscular legs formed first before a thin waist followed, then a chest that was made up of the semi's front windows and engine. Ahead was the last thing to form before three other cars followed quickly after the semi.

Quickly, my gaze looked behind the still-transforming bot to see a silver Pontiac Solstice as my sister murmured beside me. Then a neon green and red ambulance rounded beside us and then a black GMC Topkick truck. Each vehicle transformed casually while the silver sports car made a show, spinning it's back on the ground and crouching on one knee, hand under his chin like any wanna-bee cool kid.

Standing in a slight semi-circle around Sam, Mikaela, Brooke, and I, each bot looked down at us with glowing blue eyes.

I stepped back as the red and blue bot knelt down, lowering it's giant head until it's uncomfortably close to me. "Are you Alexis, Brooke, and Sam descendants of Archibald Witwicky?" He questioned, voice deep and brassy but also holding a metallic tone to it. He sounded nothing like Bee, who uses a radio to communicate with us.

"They know your names." Mikaela breathes, gaping up at the bot.

"Biologically, it's just Sam," I say calmly despite my pounding heart and urge to stutter. My hand raises to my sister beside me. "Brooke and I are adopted, but also related... If that helps."

"Seriously?" Sam hissed quietly from my left. "Your standing in front of a freaking thirty-five-foot tall robot and you going on technicality."

Narrowing my eyes in concentration at the bot, my mind raced with a quick remark that was meant for my brother. "Well, Sam, what if he only wants a bloodline, huh? It's better to give them the correct information rather than just bs'ing it like you would."

"I am Optimus Prime." The flaming semi-bot interrupts, eyes sweeping over the four of us. "We are autonomous robotic organisms from the planet Cybertron."

"But you can call us Autobots for short." My head snaps to the green and red ambulance who stands closest to Optimus Prime.

"Autobots," Sam repeats under his breath, gaping up at the bot.