Chapter Nineteen

Levi's POV

It was quiet. The work around me was dead silent and flashes of images kept appearing in my head, I didn't want to see them anymore. In the flashes I kept watching people die, they were dying for me, and I couldn't bare it. Isabelle, Farman, Petra, Oruo, Gunther, Eld, Erwin, Hanji, Mikasa.... Eren... I didn't want to see these images anymore, it seemed as though I haven't suffered enough with the time I spent with Uncle Kenny. Like I was to live a sufferable life, and I just wanted to be like everyone else, but there was a ray of hope nearby now. I didn't realize it at first but when Eren had came into my life things have been brighter than before, and knowing that we're alike in someways made things easier to cope with.

I heard the door open from the other side and heard a small yet lively conversation, and it carried on inside the living room as my sister and Eren walked in.

" Sounds like you two are on good terms now." I said.

" Yeah well, she won't stop pestering me about your preferences about things." I listened and watched Eren plop down onto the foot rest for the couch, " Anyway, Levi there's something I need to tell you. You can believe me or not but I suggest you do."

There was something about Eren's way of speaking that intimidated me a bit, he was dead serious so I'd have to believe him. Right?

" Alright, what is it?" I asked.

He looked over to Mikasa then back to me, " I've told Mikasa about the memories and I think it's only fair you know about them as well. They come to you as a dream or nightmare, that being said they usually come to you during your sleep. My case is similar to yours but there's one difference; you were awake. You were awake when you got that sudden rush of memories, and Levi, you have to accept them as a part of you. If you don't they will slowly kill you."

How was I supposed to take this? I don't know anything yet he sounds like an expert, but does he know for sure?

" I don't know how to take this, and Eren, do you even know for sure?"

The room went quiet, not even Mikasa dared to speak. I crossed into territory that wasn't to be crossed, eventually he answered.

" ... I had three friends of mine die because of the memories, the girl had the sudden rush of all hers and she died because of them. The other two steadily received theirs but it became too much for them to handle, so they killed themselves." He took in a breath and looked me straight in the eyes, " Levi, if you don't accept the memories you'll die one of two ways. And I don't want to watch you die again. I couldn't save you back then because I let myself lose control, but this time I won't let that happen."

Ere was hinged to his beliefs and his experiences, and with that he wasn't going to watch anyone else die because of him. In that moment I saw an image flash before me and I knew I had to believe him, in the memory I was happy with Eren, Mikasa, and their friends. We were all just happy to live another day before everything went to hell. I shut my eyes tightly and opened them again, looking Eren straight in the eyes.

" I'll believe you Eren, and I'll try my best to accept these memories. For your sake and the sake of those you and I care about." I looked over to Mikasa and held out my hand for her to grab a hold of.

She grabbed it and Eren grabbed my other hand, bringing it to his lips and laying a gentle kiss atop. I flinched but I let it subside. With the memories I could now remember that Eren was more than an accomplice, more than a friend, or close friend. He was my-

" By the way Levi," Mikasa started, " I was thinking that I could start going to school, and try to be like a normal girl."

" I don't know Mikasa, you still have your anxiety attacks. Are you sure you want to go?"

" That's why I want to go, I want to try and overcome them. Plus I don't want you to be worrying over me all the time, you have your own life and I feel like your avoiding people because of me."

I always knew she would grow out of having me taking care of her but I never once saw her as a burden to my daily life. Besides I could tell things weren't going well with Eren and his friends, so this might be good for both of them.

" Alright, I'll get you set up. It'll be kind of boring without you here though I'll admit, but I can agree with you. And Eren I think this will help you too."

" How so?"

" You don't seem like your optimistic self today, so I figured something happened between you and a friend. Since you don't live with your parents anymore."

" ! Seems you're still as sharp as ever, even after 2,000 years."

" Say Eren, what grade are you in this year? Out of curiosity."

" I'm a senior at Maria High-school."

Maria High-school was one of the best that Miami had to offer, and it was high dollar to attend. Though I'm two years old than Mikasa and Eren and I'm supposed to be attending college or university, I have to work to provide for my sister and myself. I don't mind though, I wasn't much of a person for books, but I did homeschool Mikasa when we moved into the penthouse. Before our Aunt and Uncle homeschooled her while I was struggling with work and school. Eventually I had met Erwin and things have been going fine since. Until these turn of events occurred. However this was opening my restricted thoughts about relations outside of work, and I think I'm slowly falling for Eren. All over again. I can feel it, I just know he's supposed to be with me. And I was sure he felt that way too.

AN: Okay Here's one chapter for this and one more will make this up to date. I think I need to put one more chapter on Regretful Past or I'll just use that on Burning Love Can Hurt. For now I have to do my algebra homework so it'll be a bit before a new chapter for this comes up. See ya then!!!

...To Be Continued...