Chapter Thirty-Two

Eren's POV

My alarm went off, waking me up from its loud obnoxious noise, so I sluggishly moved my arm to reach for the damn thing and shut it off. I groaned but sat up slowly and stretched my arms above my head, yawning and looking out my window. A vivid vision of the sunrise touching the ocean appeared before me as for some reason I recalled the short time I spent with Levi back at his penthouse. The view was something else I'll tell you that much, and I still cherish the moments I had with Levi while I was still struggling with my depression. I kept the notebook I let him see when I met him for the second time in this life, and well, I've continued drawing and I'd say I'm pretty decent at it for self-teaching myself. When the view in my head faded away I got out of my bed and started to get dressed, but then remembered the letter from him. Armin.

I put on a shirt real quick and walked over to my small table in my bedroom and picked it up. I sat down on the windowsill and opened the envelope carefully. Once the letter was out I unfolded it and began to read it.

Eren,

     There's something I've been wanting to tell you for a while, well since we were kids as a matter of fact, and well it's to do with your family and condition. Remember when you first told me of your depression? At first I was shocked but as it sunk in I felt terrible, and the reason why is because I've always tried my hardest to protect you. You always protected me when we were kids nut after you told me what happened with your family I felt like I should be someone you could look up to, as I did when we were little. But I didn't know what to do, so I stayed quiet like I always do. Hopefully with this letter we can talk again like we used to, and before I end this letter, I wanted to tell you something else. You know the memories that everyone is talking about now? Well my grandfather and I have been busy in founding an establishment specifically built for the purpose of those non-afflicted and don't see the justice in the new law to be with those who are afflicted. Not only that but for those who lost their jobs due to being named afflicted can come here and work with others and make a living for themselves and their families. We're naming it the Jaeger Foundation, I hope you don't mind 🙂 I hope I get the chance to see you there someday and maybe I could see Mikasa and her older brother too.

~ Armin

After I read the letter I couldn't help but laugh a bit as he named his own business after me, but with this it only made me more confident to see him today. I quickly jumped off the windowsill, leaving the letter on there, and ran to my closet to pick out some better clothes. I don't have any better clothing anymore too since Zeke had me sell those off too, so I put on something fairly decent and ran into the bathroom to brush my teeth, my hair, and after that I ran into the kitchen and popped a piece of bread into the toaster. Once I put it down I ran back into my room to gather my things into my bag and once I finished I ran back into the kitchen and took the piece of toast into my mouth while I quickly put on my shoes and grabbed my keys.

I had finished my toast when I reached the parking lot and so I got into my car and took out my phone to call Mikasa.

" Hey Mikasa, you don't have school today right?"

" No, why?"

" Would it be alright if I picked you up at your place?"

" Wait why? Don't tell me you plan on dumping Levi for me."

" Can I or not?"