Chapter Thirty

Eren's POV

We had found the stairs leading to the basement and right now we're walking down the halls, still following the signs and labels, for the back-up generator. I guessed that Levi's uncle, Kenny, only had the power feeding into the control room, security cameras, and the tower outside as it was pitch black down here. Luckily we had brought a couple flashlights just in case, and some duct tape, so we had taped our flash lights onto which ever gun we were going to use. I'm sticking with my sniper while Levi preferred his pistol and knife, which is fine by me, as I recalled what we had done with the abnormals before the confrontation with Kenny.

While we were coming to yet another dead end I heard something in the distance from where we were. I turned in all different directions, listening for the origin of the noise, as Levi watched me do so.

" What are you doing?" He asked.

" Do you hear that?" I silenced myself from speaking and moving, " It has to be the generator. It's close by somewhere. Come on." I waved for him to follow and started checking the rooms in the hallway we were in.

Levi started searching rooms too because as we moved back to where we first entered the hallway the sound got louder. It wasn't until about seven rooms had been checked that Levi had stumbled upon the room of where the generator was in.

" Eren! It's in here!"

I jogged over to him and looked inside, " Nice! Let's check this baby out huh?" I laughed at my stupid joke and so did Levi.

We entered the room carefully in case there might have been any Titans inside, there weren't thank god, but it set me in a weird feeling. I was glad that there weren't any Titans but at the same time I was getting a bit more concerned, since we haven't come across a single Titan after loudly running down the stairs. I decided to dismiss the feeling and went over to Levi to help with the generator.

" I don't suppose you know how this old thing works? I've been in the modeling industry since I was a kid."

" Heh, well lucky for you I know a thing or two as living with Zeke and his mom had its perks. But this thing really is old... well I'll be damned, it's a homopolar."

" What's that mean for us then?"

" Means that this lab must've been here for a long ass time to have a generator from the 1950's, but it's not a problem for me though thanks to Zeke. He was the expert on all the mechanical stuff, from fixing bikes to fixing an old 1930's car, he was the guy and I might've learned a thing or two from him."

" My uncle, the one who took us in, he would always have me help him thing work around the house before I left them for the city. Well anyway, I'll share all the stories you want when we get out of this mess alive."

Levi playfully punched my arm as I started to work on turning the generator off. The whole machine was so big I didn't know where to begin, but thanks to the painful lessons from Zeke I started with the easy stuff first. I started with working on the re-directory of power from the control room and security cameras to the basement so I could see what I was doing in the room and to limit some power from the tower outside. After that I went over to the secondary control panels and started to disengage the power circuits.

" This is going to take a while Levi, and with all this noise it's going to draw in more Titans! So be on your guard!"

" Just make sure you get that thing shut down!"