Chapter Twenty-Four

Levi's POV

When the morning sun rose from the horizon, I was the first to wake. Eren lay beside me, his arms still wrapped around me, and was still sleeping soundly. I loved watching him sleep, though it might sound weird or creepy, but I gave me a feeling that I was in right of my actions with him. He groaned a bit and curled up, releasing me, trying to shake off some bad memory or dream. I smiled ruefully to myself and brushed his hair off of his face, leaned towards him, and kissed his forehead. Once I got out of bed I went into the bathroom to take a shower, as I felt weird inside and my stomach wasn't agreeing with me.

While I was taking my shower I had a weird feeling something wasn't right, not about us but from outside. I couldn't hear the daily commotion from outside nor did I see any cars on the streets, aside from those parked on the side of the road, heading to work. I hurriedly finished my shower and went to my closet to get dressed.

When I finished Eren was up and I could tell he felt the same weird feeling. We looked at each other directly in the eyes, narrowing them at the same time, and we rushed for our supplies. Eren had his bag which I guess would hold his materials and I ran for my hidden closet for mine. I shouted out to Eren as I was grabbing what I would need.

" Eren! Would 9mm do the trick? Or do we need to go bigger?"

" A 9mm should work, they are in human form after all, and make sure you have something for melee or close combat too."

" Right."

I grabbed my 9mm pistol and took out a box which contained my father's knife he gave to my mother. Before she passed away she gave me this box and told me never to use the knife unless it was for a dire situation. The weapon was my only connection to my father, so I was going to use it. Once I finished preparing we met up in the kitchen and started calling everyone we knew to go somewhere for safety. I called Mikasa's phone and waited. She picked up and spoke to her calmly.

" Morning Mikasa, hey listen very carefully to what I'm about to say okay? I'm going to take you to our Aunt and Uncle's place, so I want you to start getting ready and plan on staying there for a couple of days."

" Okay but what's going on?"

" Nothing's wrong, they called and said they wanted to see you since it's been a while."

" Alright, I'll see you in a bit then."

I finished the call and dialed my Aunt's number, if Mikasa asks about this set up I'll need to ask of her to stick with the story I've set up.

" Good morning dear, what's going on?"

" It's been a while, but I have a favor to ask of you."

" Well what is it dear?"

" I need Mikasa to head over to your place and I need you to make sure she believes that you had called me asking for her to go over. I have her getting ready right now."

" Sure thing, I can tell in your voice that something's going on where you are."

" Yes ma'am, and I don't want Mikasa to see anything that might happen here. So thank you for doing this, I'll be there with her in about twenty minutes."

" See you then, I love you."

" I love you too."