Chapter Thirty-Three

Eren's POV

Everyone sat around somewhere in Armin's office enjoying their drinks, as his managing assistant, the woman from the front desk, had come in with a cart of drinks and light snacks. Armin and I sat in our own chairs next to each other on the balcony talking about my childhood from this life up until the recent events.

" Ever since they passed the Reincarnation Law, my grandfather and I saw that it was injustice to so many people like us. That's why we spent three hard months to quickly establish this building for those afflicted to find some peace of mind until the day the government decides to repeal it."

" I respect you for that Armin, I really do, but do you think this'll work? Not everyone is going to find this place if you want to avoid the government shutting you down."

" That's why my grandfather is away right now, if he's on time he should be meeting with the state representatives of Maine. We plan on building establishments just like this one throughout the country, and we plan on having every state having at least fifteen of them built."

" Will you even be able to do it? Where will you get the money for all of it? There are fifty states and if you want fifteen in each that'll sum up to a huge debt to pay off."

" Oh we don't have the money, but we have our way with people. Of course I'm not saying we're bribing people or threatening them to build these places for us, no, we're simply asking them if they're willing to help the cause. If they see our reasoning and want to help great, if not then oh well. We're at the trial and error stage right now, and so far we're doing pretty good. Try and guess how many states have agreed so far?"

" I don't know, how many?"

" Ten, out of fifty. Before you know it we might have half the country on our side, and it might be enough so that the government realizes what's going on, heck the public would know before them, and once they do the public will be showing protests showing how unjust the Reincarnation Law really is. All that stands before us is time. So I hope you guys can wait a while before you have your equality among the rest of the nation."

" What you're doing right now is more than what any of us could do or think of, and I think we all are in dire need to thank you for what you're doing." I intentionally empathized those words to get the attention of the rest of the group.

Everyone got silent and looked over to us and so I cleared my throat and spoke again, " We should thank Armin for what he's doing. He's working hard for all of us, and he won't stop until we have our lives back. I can't think of anything else that would work compared to what he's doing right now, and I want him to know that we need him and his goal."

Everyone nodded and thanked him at the same time, but I waited until they finished, " Thank you, so much, Armin. Not only for what you're doing but for all the things you've done for me throughout this life and back then, I'm sure everyone has their own gratitude to share during their own time, but I just wanted you to know that."

I embraced Armin one last time before standing up and turning towards my camera to put it and its stand into my bag. Annie noticed what I was doing and asked.

" Where are you going?"

" Well, you see, I kind of have a date to get to so I kind of have to get going. Don't take it the wrong way, I'd stay here until the next morning, but I've got some things to sort out with them."