Chapter Twenty-Seven

Levi's POV

" Yer nothin' but a runt back then Levi. 'Course I'm breathin' since ya missed my vitals. Now I didn't teach ya how to miss, I taught ya how to strike a kill."

" Your lessons were nothing more than a means to survive."

" Ya make it sound like I was an awful man back th-"

" You were an awful man Kenny! After ten years of your beatings, after ten years of hearing my sister cry out in fear and pain, after ten years of holding my ground around you you still think that you were a pleasant uncle?!"

" If I were ya I'd shut my trap before you see what happens. I know you two are close, real close, so I'd be careful."

I watched my uncle move his arm, signaling for something, and I soon saw what it was. Out from the shadows behind him were three men and one woman, however once I saw their faces I was even more confounded.

" What are you guys doing? And working with him of all people!"

The woman replied to my statement, " Like Kenny said, I'd watch what you say. Either you or Eren will die to my bullet."

" Petra! Just answer me!"

Petra looked over to my uncle and he nodded, so she looked back over to me and sighed.

" Listen Levi, it was great to work along side you while it lasted but I was never a part of the modeling company. I only worked there so I could gather the information Kenny needed from you. That was it."

" That's... no... ! What about the rest of you? Was our time together all a lie?!"

" Sorry pal but it was never genuine to begin with." Oruo answered.

I looked back and forth between Eld and Gunther trying to get something from them, but no matter what they were sticking with what Petra and Oruo were saying. I stared at the floor as I listened to what my uncle had to say next.

" Now then, now that that's outta the way, I ought to tell ya what I'm up to in this here lab. Let's start with the things you killed outside the door. Now you ought to have figured out what they really are, especially with that brat with ya." I watched Eren grit his teeth and restrain himself from the corner of my eye and continued to listen to my uncle, " They're people who've regained their memories, however they used to be Titans, so since no one can withstand those graphic visions their brains get fried and all that's left of 'em is a mindless killing machine. Just as the Titans were when they roamed this planet."

As we listened to what my uncle had to say Eren spoke up in irritation, " We know what they are old man, just tell us what you're doing here and what you plan on doing using the Titans!"

" I reckon that's what I was gonna tell ya anyhow. Well it's simple: I'm going purge this city altogether."

" What do you mean by purge? Purge it from what?" Eren asked.

" From those who regained their memories and continue to live like the past never existed."

" The past becomes a part of us old man! Don't you get it?! They shape us into the people we are today, others take them in differently, but we can't simply ignore them!"

" Shut yer damn mouth you cretin!"

A shot rung out. I looked over to Eren and saw him in his knee holding his shoulder, but when I looked closer I noticed a red liquid seeping through his hand.

" Eren!" I ran towards him only to be stopped by a bullet to the floor before me.

" You'll stay away from him ya runt! Now then, Eren Jaeger was it, ever wonder what happened to good ol' Dr Jaeger?"

" Don't you dare tell me he's alive! I killed him with my own two hands! He's not alive!"

" You'd be surprised what kinds of connections the good doctor had, one of 'em was me. Ya see my boy, he called me on that vicious night and told me of what happened to him. I rushed a few of my men to him and you'll never believe what I found while they were helpin' him. I found the corpse of yer mother in the basement, 'cept she was still breathing."

" ... what?.... No.... No you're lying!"

" Now why would I lie about somethin' like that? Honestly, you brats sure do jump to conclusions real fast. Want me to tell you more?"

I was getting sick and tired of listening to Kenny talk about our families like this, and with Eren hearing about his actual mother. I slowly moved my hand for my knife on my back until I lost sight of Kenny. I looked around the room for him, grabbing my knife as I did so, but I was stopped midway.

" Caught ya ya little runt."

The voice came from behind me and before I knew it he covered my mouth and pressed his thumb against my throat, pressing down on one of my windpipes.

" Now here's what's gonna happen, ya see that timer up there?" Kenny jerked his chin towards a giant monitor as he explained what was going to happen, " That's how long you've got to locate and destroy the signal providing these poor people their memories, but you know you can't do that job until you take care of a rodent infestation. Ya hear me?"

I nodded my head and he released me, I coughed to regain some of the air I couldn't take in and looked over to Eren. I slowly walked up to him, not being stopped this time, and crouched down in front of him.

" Eren, if you're able to, we'll need to fight. How's your shoulder?"

" Hurts like Hell, I doubt I can even move the damn thing. I'm no good with my left arm and a gun, but I can try and give it my all."

I helped Eren up onto his feet and grabbed his pistol, handing it to him. I scanned the room looking for the group that was in here with us, noticing that they disappeared, as Eren was getting his bearings with his left arm. All of a sudden I heard a gun fire. I looked over in the direction the noise came from and saw that it was Eren who took his shot at someone.

" Damn mongrels trying to take us out blind, serves you right you bitch!"

I caught sight of Petra on the floor, blood pooling from her neck, watching her die. I heard the slightest of movement on my right and as so I quickly reacted and fired my gun at who was there. The body fell to the ground and I saw that I had gotten two kills in one, the bodies that lay there were of Eld and Gunther.

" I've got two down, there's one more and then Kenny. I want to get this over with quickly as I don't anyone else to regain their memories."

" I do to, well then let's get this done with!" Eren grabbed the gun I took from him and went running for Oruo, whom I saw run behind a desk, " You die here you bastards!!!"

BANG!

The sound of a body falling to the floor resounded in the almost empty room, however the body of who I expected to hit the floor wasn't him. My feet moved to their own accord as they rushed towards the body, my heart was racing, and my body felt like it was on fire yet as cold as ice. I slid on my knees, picking up the body, holding it in my arms and bringing my forehead to their's. A quiet sob escaped my lips and I could feel my eyes burning even after I shut them tightly, but what made things worse was when the person I was holding onto spoke to me.

" ... L-Le-vi... !"

AN: Yet another cliffhanger, but I think this one is pretty obvious though. Oh well, and I know I need to pick up the pace on putting updates on this one since it's close to being finished but state testing. But hey I've only got tomorrow for my English state testing and then I've got like a week or two before my Algebra state testing. So I'll be doing my best to give you guys some good updates, meaning more intense moments and longer chapters (even though it drains my motivation some times when I write more than 1000 words). So I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you in the next chapter!!!

To Be Continued...