Chapter Twenty-Two

Levi's POV

Mikasa and I have been on the edge of our seats as we waited for Eren to come back, but at the same time there was an oppressive air around us. Ever since he left it felt as though our sense of security had gone along with him, and that's saying something about me. I'm supposed to care and protect my sister, and Eren now, from whatever may or may not happen. As for my health there were some instances when I would reject a memory as all of this was difficult to apprehend still. However that didn't mean I wasn't accepting them, if what Eren told us was true then I can't afford rejecting them as it would be fatal for me.

Mikasa was on her phone checking the schedule for when we could finally go back to work while I was trying to get a hold of Eren on mine. I haven't known him long, sure, but based off what Mikasa told me he always responds. Well now is a good a time to answer damn it! I slammed my phone onto the counter, not breaking it luckily, and brushed back my hair with my sweaty hands trying to calm myself down. I must've frightened my sister as she was looking over my direction from the island, so I stood up from leaning against the kitchen counter by the fridge and opened a cabinet for a glass. After I filled it with water I drank it like it was my last.

" Levi, I know what you're feeling right now. We're on the same boat, but I trust Eren will answer us and come back. I know he will."

" ... You're right, sorry about that. It's just this whole situation's got me on edge and I'm worried about you both."

" Playing the father figure now huh?"

" Don't you sass me now young lady, you're still under my roof so you'll behave like a lady should."

She stuck her tongue out at me and we both started laughing. I knew what she was doing and I had to thank her later. As we were messing around we heard the ding of the elevator. At first we looked back forth from each other to the elevator and then we jogged over to the mechanism, waiting for the doors to open. However the person inside wasn't the brunette we were waiting for, it was house cleaning. We looked at each other and we knew that it was going to be a while until Eren would come back to us.

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

It was about 5:50 PM when Mikasa and I heard the dinging of the elevator again, and this time when we watched the doors open we saw Eren. Only he had blood on him, and I knew exactly what he did. I didn't want Mikasa to see him like this so I asked for her to go to her room on the top floor of this building. She did as she was instructed and the elevator doors shut. I looked directly at Eren and walked up to him.

" Just how did you manage to get past reception? They would've been on you if you've got blood on you."

I spoke, he was silent. I tried again.

" Why don't we get you washed up? I can get a bath ready for you." I spoke gently.

I carefully grabbed a hold of his hand and led him to the bathroom. He didn't try to decline as he simply allowed me to guide him to the tub without any signs of resisting.

I had Eren sit on the edge of the tub as I prepared it for him. I kept looking back and forth from what I was doing and back at Eren, and I had to wonder what was making him so quiet. Was it what he did to his other mother? If so then wouldn't that mean that he did still feel emotions like everyone else? I felt conflicted on how to feel about this, but before anything else I had to comfort Eren.