Chapter Two

It is now six years later so now you're actually eleven years old. Also italics are your thoughts.😁

{Y/N}
Since I first found the Byers family I've been staying with them. For the past six years while here in the Upside Down. I decided to call it that because it's like a replica of our world but not at the same time. The boy with the bowl shaped hair was named Will and hes about the same age as me. The woman who woke him up is his mom but her real name is Joyce. There was also an older boy which is Will's brother, Johnathan. During the day or while the Byers family is awake I stay with them unless I need to run away from the monster, and during the night I search for a way out. I still have yet to find another portal. My best bet is probably the lab, but I can never go back there otherwise when I get back to our world I'll be in the lab all over again.  Also during the day, I practice my powers, mainly flying and moving stuff with my mind.

I have telepathy and teleportation but I cant use telepathy and im afraid to use the other. While with the Byers my English has gotten a lot better and I can talk and understand more. Sometimes Will and Johnathan will bring someone new home so I'll hang out with them to figure out if I like them or not. Somehow I have been able to breathe and I'm not as cold as i should be here, even though I have nothing but a hospital gown and a jacket. And if I do get too cold I just wrap my wings around myself. Eating hasn't really been a problem either although I need more food than the average human. I'm just not hungry anymore.

It was morning and I had just woken up. I got back to the house late last night because I thought I saw a gate but it was nothing but then the monster found me and I had to run. I zoned in to the other world to see what was happening this morning. Johnathan was cooking breakfast and Joyce yelled at him for not getting Will up but I wasn't really paying attention. I was still a little sleepy. Joyce came out of Will's room looking upset. "He came home last night, right?" Joyce asked Johnathan  "I dont know I was working," Johnathan replied sheepishly  Joyce went to go call someone while I zoned out real quick and got up from the floor and sat on the couch.

To be clear I cant we really see them, more like I can see through someone else's eyes as if they were there and it's a bit fuzzy around the edges. With their voices too, it's kind of echoey, but I'm still in the upside down. And I'm not really here nor there when I see where they are. It's kind if like a vision. I basiclly space out wherever I am and am seeing there instead.

Joyce hung up looking worried and spoke to Johnathan quickly and left. I didn't try to hear as it was private and I didnt want to eavesdrop more than I was by staying at their house in an alternate dimension. Soon I was brought out of my vision but someone shaking my shoulder. I slowly opened my eyes to find, Will.

"Will?" I whispered to myself but to where he could also hear. "What? Who are you? How do you know my name? Why's your nose bleeding? Are you ok?" He stammered obviously flustered. "Uhh." I responded unsure of how to answer without sounding creepy while wiping some of the blood from my nose.  "Well you see... I'll tell you but dont freak out or run off. You could possibly be killed either way but that's not important right now." I told him. He had a skeptical expression on his face as he sat down next to me on the couch as I scooted farther away. "Okkk." He said stretching out the k.

"First, my name is Six." I told him. "Like the number?" He asked. "Yeah." I said while showing him my arm. "Woah." He said going to touch it. I pulled my arm back towards me fast. "Sorry." He said, "It's ok. Its mainly where and why I got this that's the problem, not you." I explained. "Anyway, I know your name because I can see our dimension I guess and I've lived in this house since I got here, and-" Will cut me off. "How long have you been here?" He asked me. I got up and went into the kitchen cupboard and pulled out a stack of paper and a marker. It was filled front and back with tally marks. It took me a good eight minutes but I counted them all up. "A little more than a month." I said simply hoping he wouldn't pry too deep. "How much more?" He said wanting answers. "Six years." I said about ready to cry. "Six years?" He asked astonished. "Yes." I mumbled looking down at my shoes wiping away the tear that fell.

"Wow," he whispered "six years. That's so long." He said looking back up at me from the floor at the last bit. "Yeah. It is." I told him glancing up at him before looking back at the floor. "So, how did you know my name was Will?" Will asked me still slightly confused. "Well... all I can tell you right now is that I'm special." "Special?" Will questioned me. "Yes and that's all I can tell you." I said with a bit of finality in it. "Maybe on the day we get out of here. Ok?" I said trying to be nicer. "Yeah. Ok." He said. "So what have you been doing here for the past six years?" He asked intrigued. "Mainly..." I got cut off by a screeching noise outside. "Shit. Stay close to me and don't talk." I told Will while grabbing his hand and running to his room. He started to breathe heavily. "Calm down. We're going to be ok." I said while rubbing his back and shushing him. "I will get you back home." "What about you?" He asked sweetly trying to keep his mind off of almost dying.

"I don't know. I don't really have a home and never had one, even before I got here. I guess I'll find out if  I ever leave." I responded lowering my voice. "Well, maybe you can stay with me." He said keeping his voice down as well. "Maybe." I responded smiling to myself thinking about leaving and living with my best friend. Even if he doesn't know it yet. Just maybe.