Chapter Thirty-Five

"These are the bad men, as you call them. The ones we believe are still alive. Do you know any?" Kali asked us as we walked inside the small room. We were currently looking at a really dirty mirror on the wall that was covered with taped on news clippings and pictures of random people in general. Some of the pictures were crossed off, circled, or torn. That's when I realized that this was these psychos hitlist.

I could sense El was having a flashback when she saw one of the many people on the wall. "Him." She told Kali as she reached up to unfold the previously folded newspaper article. She then pulled it off the wall and looked at the man featured. "He hurt Mama."

"His name is Ray Caroll. And he did more than hurt your mother. The bad men like Ray, they know about us. It's made them hard to track. But maybe not anymore." Kali spoke, directing the last part towards El and me. El continued to stare at the paper, at Ray, before crumbling it up.

We now all sat in a semi-circle in front of El who held the picture of Ray, with her eyes closed and static crackling from the radio. The paper was clutched tightly in her two fists, crumpling it a bit. She suddenly ripped it in two and opened her eyes, staring at us intensely.

She nodded at us and Kali gave a small nod back and Dottie went to go grab the phone book. She started flipping through it, trying to find Ray's address. "'Gramercy Apartments. Washington and Bethal.'" She read off the paper. "That's gotta be it. Right?" She asked as Kali took the book from her.

"'Lilburn.' Where is that?" Kali asked, looking around. "About an hour East," Funshine answered Kali. "We don't even have a new ride." Mick discouraged the trip. "So we swap plates. We have plates, right?" Kali asked. Axel answered her question with a simple "yeah".

"Where's the fun if there's no risk? We want to give my sisters a memorable first day, right?" Kali asked the group. "I'm in. For Miss Jane and Miss Six." Funshine immediately answered. He wanted to do this for us but in all honesty, I didn't want to go myself. These people are serial killers and having met Kali, she was probably going to make either El or me kill this poor bastard. And I don't wanna kill this guy. 

"Yeah, sure. Why not? Mick?" Axel agreed, asking Mick who was the only one who hadn't really agreed yet. She turned to look at us, who were all looking at her, from where she was sitting by the window. She threw her head back and smile like a lunatic. "Screw it!" She threw her hands up.

Everyone got up and started rushing around, getting stuff for the trip. El and I just kinda stood there not knowing what the fuck to do until Kali came up behind us and put a hand on each of our shoulders.

Kali took us upstairs and Dottie was close behind us. We went up to the room and they sat us down on two chairs right next to each other. Kali was to our right with two arms full of clothes while Dottie stood in front of us debating which products to put in our hair.

I couldn't see what Dottie was doing to El but I assumed she would look pretty different, but I could see, and feel, what Kali was doing to me. She gave me a change of clothes which were some light jeans, which I saw were the same ones El was given, an AC/DC crop top that was black and orange, a black leather jacket, and some black leather boots. 

She flipped most of my (Y/H/C) hair to the left and then started to braid strands of my hair in the side of my head. (If you have shorter hair, then just imagine your hair slicked back like El's). She then started on my makeup, which I assumed would be the same as El's, which it kinda was. She put a dark red lipstick on my (Y/L/C) lips and then smudged black eyeshadow all around my eye. Last, she gave me a thick wing and coated my lashes in mascara.

 Last, she gave me a thick wing and coated my lashes in mascara