Chapter Twenty-five

Oh, how wrong I was. It was fine for a while but slowly went downhill from there. It was pretty dark outside now, at about eight-thirty o'clock. We all walked up to one house and Will put his camera on his shoulder and started filming. "Trick or treat!" All four boys yelled when the door opened. She chuckled, "Oh! Well, aren't you cute? The little exterminators," The woman smiled.

All four boys' smiles disappeared and Will slowly put his camera down. They all grabbed candy and started walking away, down the front lawn, disappointed that she didn't know they were Ghostbusters. Lucas sighed, "If I get another 3 Musketeers, I'm gonna kill myself." "What's wrong with 3 Musketeers?" Dustin asked. "What's wrong with 3 Musketeers?" Lucas questioned in disbelief.

"No one likes 3 Musketeers," Mike told Dustin. "Yeah, its just nougat." Will chimed in. "Woah, 'just nougat'?" Dustin asked appalled. "Just nougat? It is top three for me." Dustin continued. "Top three?" Lucas asked. "Top three!" Dustin exclaimed. "Oh, God. Give me a break," Mike complained.

"Seriously, I can just eat a whole bowl of nougat. Straight up." Dustin told the other boys. I rolled my eyes at the boys' bickering when just then, someone in a mask jumped out of the bushes with a fake knife at the boys. The boys all screamed and jumped back.

The person started laughing and then took the mask off to reveal a girl with red hair and freckles. I realized that it was that new girl, Max."Holy shit! You should have seen the looks on your faces. And you?" She said pointing towards Lucas, "Who screams like that? You sound like a little girl." She then turns around and starts to walk away.

Then, being a bossy little shit, turned around. "Hey, you guys coming or not? Oh, I heard we should hit up Loch Nora. That's where the rich people live, right?" She chuckled before turning around and walking away again. "Yeah!" Lucas and Dustin yelled before following Max. Will followed shortly behind and Mike stood there internally complaining before following. I rolled my eyes at Max and sent a message to Mike. I don't like her either. He jumped and looked around confused before shrugging it off.

I probably only don't like her because the boys, Dustin, and Lucas at least, are all over her. Also because even though they didn't know I existed, I always felt like their overprotective mother. Other than that, I actually like Max. She's nice and not too girly or bitchy like other teenage girls.

A few minutes later El shook my shoulder and I snapped out of my zone and looked up at her, blinking until my eyes adjusted. "Yeah?" I questioned her. She looked pissed and I assumed she either saw Max too or it was about Hopper. "Late." She spat out. "Again? He broke another fucking promise?" I stood up, enraged. This was not the first and not the last time he would break a promise.

He'd lied several times but to break a promise is even worse. "You know what, El?" She gave me a confused puppy look. "We're gonna ignore him, and lie to him and do everything he does to us back to him. Give him a taste of his own medicine." I told her determinedly. It was time that we rebelled.

She nodded before walking into the living room and I zoned back in on Will and the boys. They were just walking away from another house. Mike and Will brought up the rear with Max Dustin and Lucas in front, way in front.

"Another full-size. Like, seriously, rich people are such suckers. Wait. You're not rich, right?" Dustin asked turning towards Max. Why the hell would you ask someone that? Like yeah, you're trying to make sure you don't offend them but, what the fuck Dustin?

"No, I live up Old Cherry Road," Max explained, chuckling a little. "Oh," Dustin said. I learned a little while ago that Old Cherry Road was where the poorer people of Hawkins lived, like the rich people in Loch Nora. "No, it's fine. I mean, the street's good for skating." Max told him. "Hmmm. Yeah, totally tubular." At this Max and Lucas gave him weird looks. "What? Did I say that right? Or is it like, tubular." Dustin questioned.