Chapter Fifteen

Joyce Eleven and I walked into the gym where everyone else was waiting for us. Eleven and I stood to the side of the pool and we took off the unnecessary items of clothing. I took off my necklace, shoes, and socks and threw them onto the floor. Eleven took off her socks and did the same, then took off Mike's watch but gave it back to him.

Joyce gave us the goggles covered in duck tape and we put them on. Hopper and Joyce were behind us when we walked into the pool so we held their hands while walking in, so we didn't fall.

We sat down but not all the way and laid on our backs. We started to float in the water and I grabbed Eleven's hand so we would be connected and we wouldn't accidentally bump into each other while floating around.

I fully closed my eyes and focused on the black place and finding Barbara there first. I had to really concentrate to get there because I hadn't been there in years because that place was like a beginner's place. I was more advanced and had different powers so it was harder for me to get here.

Eleven could easily get here since she hadn't discovered her full powers full, but I had. I hadn't mastered them and I still bled of course, but I was more advanced. If I tried to find someone, i would 'zone in' I guess and see around them. Or i would teleport there.

I finally opened my eyes and was back in the dark nothingness. I felt a tug on my hand and saw Eleven making sure that I was still with her and not spacing off.

We walked around for a while before seeing something. "Barbara?" We both questioned in unison. I could tell that everyone else heard us because I could hear them gasp. I think we might have flickered the lights too, but I'm not positive.

We were both breathing heavily now. We took slower and slower steps. We got close enough to tell what it was. It was Barbara. She was decomposing a little and she was covered in slime and what looked like a slug started to crawl out of her mouth. It also made this rather disgusting squishy noise.

Eleven's eyes got huge and we both backed up, breathing heavier than before. I could tell that the lights had gone out. We were fricking out. Eleven started screaming, "Gone! Gone! Gone! Gone! Gone!" She was running in circles. "Gone!"

It's okay. I got you. Don't be afraid. I'm right here with you. It's okay. It's okay, you're safe. You're okay, honey. Joyce's voice was echoing around us. She was trying to keep Eleven calm. I was sitting on the floor with my hands over my ears, rocking back and forth. Eleven was screaming but I was hyperventilating.

I could hear Hopper's voice too. Calm down, kid. Calm down. It's okay, you're safe. You're safe. Nothings going to get you. I focused on finding Will and I Know Eleven was doing the same. I heard her say, "Castle Byers." Before I teleported to him.

I assume Eleven knew I had accidentally teleported since I had disappeared. I was in front of his blanket fort, Castle Byers. I was actually in the Upside Down though, and not in the black place where I'm just seeing it.

I walked inside to find Will laying on his mattress. I sat down in front of him. Eleven had went inside too, but she just sat there. I didn't know for sure, since I couldn't see her, but I could feel her presence somehow.

"Will?" I whispered. I shook him a little. He was sleeping, I couldn't let him sleep. He might not make it if he falls asleep, he can't last much longer. "Will." I started to shake him harder. Tears started free falling down my face without my consent.

"Will, please get up." Tears went into my mouth. He opened his eyes and looked at me. I was soaked and last time he saw me I left him again. "Please just wait a couple more hours. We're trying to get to you. Please just hold on." I begged him, more tears falling.