Chapter Forty-One

I was going to write a cute little thing about Will teaching Six to play D&D but I know jackshit about D&D so for that I am terribly sorry. Also, the ******* are just time skips. I also apologize if your name is one of the rejected ones.

It's been about a week now since I moved in with Will, Joyce, and Johnathan and so far it's been going great. Joyce was kind enough to trust me and Will to share a room. So long as we didn't have the door shut while both of us were in there. Being away from El for so long after having lived together in a very confined space for so long is definitely different. It's a bit weird.

But, I now get to spend a lot more time with Will than before. Joyce even got us bunk beds! Which is fucking awesome. She was also kind enough to take me clothes shopping and bought me a new pair of shoes along with a couple of new outfits. I finally have clothes now that are mine and mine alone. I still wear some of Will's t-shirts though because they're comfortable, and they smell like him. Which sounds weird, I know, but it's comforting. Max and I also became pretty close over the past couple of months. We've had a couple of sleepovers at her house and she also lent me some of her clothes. And as much as I want her and El to be friends, because I think they would be great friends, El still doesn't really like her because of what happened last winter.

Nancy and I also got a bit closer, she gave some more old clothes to me as well as El and we had a couple of sleepovers where she gave me boy advice, taught me how to use makeup, and gossiped about the people at her high school. We would also bake if we could, cookies, brownies, cakes, whatever.

Joyce also told me that I could practice my powers whenever I wanted, so long as I didn't hurt myself or others and nobody outside the Byers house saw it. She even took me to an abandoned building one time so I could practice my flying. Which, not to brag, I'm pretty good at now. It's still a bit awkward and clumsy but I've started flying alongside actual birds and just copying what they do which has led to me becoming a better flier.

Will also recently taught me how to play D&D. It was kinda confusing at first, thankfully Will is very patient and I had watched the boys play these past few years. While I was still learning, we didn't take it as seriously as he would with the boys. We still had fun learning and playing anyways.

"Six!" Will called me, pulling me out of my thoughts. I scrunched my nose up at that name. "What?" He asked me confused. "I don't know. I just, don't want to be Six anymore. Or Vanity." I confessed to him. "Vanity?" He questioned me. "Yeah, I found out that that's my real name," I told him shuddering at the name. It's a nice name, it just doesn't work for me. "Alright well, how about we pick you out a new name?" He suggested. I nodded my head vigorously and gave him a small smile, which he reciprocated. "Alright, how about I say a name and then you can say yes, no, or maybe to that name," Will told me. I nodded, excited to not have to be constantly reminded of that stupid lab. "Abigail?" "No." "Ava?" "No." "Amanda." "No. What's with you and names that start with 'a'?" "Nothing! Missy?" "No." "What about (Y/n)?" "That's perfect! Look out, there's a new girl in town. And her name is (Y/n)." I spoke with my fists on my hips like a superhero, grinning like an idiot. (Y/n).

**********************

I was super excited because Christmas was the day after tomorrow and I'd never actually celebrated before. And what makes it even better is the fact that I get to spend the day with Will and his family and I'll be able to get El a present this year. 

I had gotten her a Twirly Curls Barbie, even though she may be too old for it. I got it mainly so she could play with its hair, not the doll itself because over the summer she told me she wished she had long hair like mine that she could style. So, I would let her do my hair whenever she wanted but now that I was living with the Byers' she couldn't do my hair anymore. I also got El a couple of fake wigs to play with and one she could actually wear out if she got the chance and wanted semi-longer hair. I got Joyce a couple of books I thought she might like and Johnathan was getting some stuff for his polaroid camera. Then I managed to "borrow" Max a new skateboard since her current one is being held together with ducktape. I didn't get anybody else anything just because I didn't know them all that well yet but I hoped to get to know them well enough to get them presents next year.