Chapter Fourteen

I only woke up when the car rolled to a stop. Hopper got out first and carried me bridal style while everyone else got out.

Three people came out of the house but since my mind was still foggy and my vision blurry, I couldn't really see anything. The three people told us to come inside after Mike and one of the three people exchanged some words.

We walked inside and that's when my vision came back, and my mind cleared. It was like being in that house took away my feeling wierd.

Soon enough I realized who the three people were. It was Joyce and Johnathan, Will's mom and brother, along with Mike's sister Nancy. Joyce looked at Hopper carrying me and looked at him curiously.

"She drained too much of her powers." Mike stated, seeing Joyce look at me. I still looked wierd with dried blood covering my face. "N-no. That's not it. I feel like I know her, but I've never met her before." She gave me one more look before heading to the living room. 

"Powers?" Johnathan asked skeptically. Unfortunately for poor Johnathan, nobody heard him.

Mike took out a piece of paper that had the acrobat, flea, and tightrope drawing. He sat down on the couch and everyone else sat down around him.

Hopper sat down and helped me to sit up next to him. I eventually was too lazy and just laid down next to Eleven with my head in her lap. She stroked my hair while Mike explained the drawing to the adults.

"Okay, so, in this example, we're the acrobat. Will and Barbara, and that monster, they're this flea. And this is the Upside Down, where Will is hiding. Mr. Clarke said the only way to get there is through a rip of time and space." Mike explained.

"A gate." Dustin stated. "That we tracked to Hawkins Lab." Lucas announced. "With our compasses." Dustin bounced the conversation back to him again. He was met with nothing but blank stares from the older people.

"Okay, so the gate has a really strong electromagnetic field, and that can change the directions of a compass needle." Dustin explained as if it were extremely simple.

"Is this gate underground?" Hopper asked suddenly. "Yes." Eleven replied. The boys all turn to look at her. "Near a large water tank?" Hopper asks again. This time I replied, "Yes." Eleven nodded along with me.

The stares went from Eleven to me. "How do you know that?" Dustin asked Hopper cautiously. Hopper said nothing but stared back at the boy.

"He's seen it." Mike said with a look of realization on his face. "Is there any way that you could... that you could reach Will? That you could talk to him in this--" Joyce was cut off by Eleven and I. "The Upside Down." We spoke in sync. Dustin looked at us as if we were from another planet.

"Holy shit. I didn't know that they did that." Dustin whispered to Lucas, leaning back but still looking at us, Lucas nodding along, also looking at us. "Down. Yeah." Joyce whispered, watching our every move. We are after all, Will's only hope of getting home to her. Not to be negative, just truthful.

Eleven only nods her head. "And my friend Barbara? Can you find her, too?" Nancy asks us both. We bother give her nothing more than a slight nod.

Nancy went to get a picture of Barbara so we could find her and everyone else went in the kitchen except Eleven and I. I started a conversation in our heads. How about, you can go into your mind and find Barbara and I'll teleport to Will. I looked at her with a questioning look. She nodded her head but then thought of a question.

Are you okay to do it? You still look pretty weak. She looked very concerned. My face was still covered in dried blood from when I teleported half an hour ago. "I'll be fine." I spoke aloud to her. Everyone in the silent kitchen looked up at us, they looked nervous for what was about to happen.