Chapter Thirty-Six

I first thing I heard when I got there was an alarm blaring throughout the building. What the fuck did they do now? Bob and Joyce were hovering over Will, Bob holding him down while Joyce held a syringe. Will was thrashing around on the bed as Joyce and Bob grabbed his right arm.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Joyce spoke as she got ready to give Will the shot of whatever they're trying to give him "Let me go! Let me go! Let me go!" Will screamed as Joyce pushed the needle into his arm. Mike was at the foot of the bed with his hands over his ears.

"No! Let go! Let me go! Let me go!" Will screamed, slowly getting quieter as he passed out. Just then the door was slammed open by none other than Hopper himself followed by Dr. Owens. The saw Will passed out with Bob slowly backing away, looking at Hopper who then saw Joyce with an empty syringe.

Everyone turned towards the two wooden doors at the end of the hall when there was a growling sound and there were two things jumping on the door, trying to get in. "We gotta go. We gotta go." Hopper panicked. Nobody had noticed me yet since I was standing in the corner and wearing all black.

Hopper went and unhooked Will from the machines, picked him up, and went to leave the room when he noticed me in the corner. He looked kinda pissed and very confused. He ran out the door with everyone else behind him, me last. 

We ran down the hall and heard people screaming. Hopper stopped, making the rest of us stop when someone in front of us was tackled by one of the things. I still had no idea what was going on and what was trying to kill us. I turned around, when I heard a guy behind me rapid-firing his gun down the hall at one of the things. I heard a gasp behind me and turned around to see everyone but Hopper, and Will because he was unconscious, staring at me.

"Come on!" Hopper yelled at the group. Hopper went into the room right next to us first with everyone else following, me being the last one in, I closed the door behind me and locked it. I could hear Joyce whimpering as Hopper laid Will down on a table at the other end of the room.

"Oh, my God," Bob spoke. We all turned towards him to see that he was staring at a wall of monitors showing the security cameras. Every single one had a monster in it. They looked to be related to the Demogorgon, or from the Upside Down at least. Dead bodies and monsters filled each screen.  

And then, to make matters worse, the lights started flickering and the monitors showed static until both went out completely. "Oh, my God," Joyce spoke up. "Yeah, also, what the hell is going on?" I asked, kinda needing to know for survival purposes. Mike grabbed my elbow and took me over to the side so he could explain while Owens found the blueprints of the lab and a marker.

"Basically, Will's spy for the shadow monster, and he set up a trap which killed a bunch of people. Then those things got loose and started killing people. That's about all you missed." He explained to me. I nodded and we then both turned towards the adults.

"What do you mean?"Hopper asked Owens. "The locks are fail secure," Owens explained. "Fail secure?" Joyce asked. "If there's a power outage, the building goes on full lockdown," Owens told the group. "Can it be unlocked remotely?" Bob asked him.

I know that they were talking about something very serious, to get us out of here, but I got bored so I walked over to where Will was laying down on a table and leaned against it, stroking his hair. I decided to try and see what was going on inside his head. Maybe I could find out what the Shadow Monster's next moves would be. Nothing. I didn't really expect to see anything but it was still slightly disappointing. 

The door slammed shut, which snapped me out of my thoughts. I noticed Bob and Hopper were gone and sent a questioning look towards Mike who was standing next to me. "Bob's going to go reset the breakers." He explained. I nodded. I heard the door open again and my head snapped up to see Hopper's angry face.