Chapter Sixteen

We were sitting on the bleachers and Mike was impatiently bouncing his knee up and down. Everyone had walked out of the gym about fifteen minutes ago and still hadn't come back yet. Eleven and I knew were they were but the boys didn't.

We were all back on the bleachers in our previous spots. But instead of Eleven leaning on Mike, Eleven and I were leaning against each other. Mike kept looking back at the door. He then looked at his watch and shot up and out the door.

We all looked at him in shock as it was so sudden. He came back in a few minutes later, walking hella fast. I don't know why though.

"They're gone." He stated. He looked pissed. "What?" Lucas asked for the rest of us. We were all still confused about his sudden outburst.

I decided it couldn't do any harm to read his mind. I can't believe they just fucking left like that. "Who left?" I asked him, forgetting he hadn't actually told us anything and he would know that I read his mind.

"Nancy and Johnathon. His car's gone." Mike informed us, giving me a weird look as well. "They're probably just sucking face somewhere." Dustin shrugged. "Gross," Lucas commented while Mike gave a disgusted look and had a fit. "No. No way!"

"Did they go with the chief?" Dustin asked him, now trying to be helpful with the situation. "I don't know." Mike complained giving him the look of 'how in the holy hell and I supposed to know'.

"No." Eleven and I spoke in unison. Mike looked over at us as he was finally smart enough to ask the people with potential information.

"What? Did you see them? Do you know where they went?" Mike shot questions at us. We obviously know what's going on with them so I don't know why he's asking us if we know.

"Yes." We both spoke again, and I rolled my eyes. He apparently took no notice to this though. "Where? Where did they go?" He almost begged us to know. Once again we spoke in sync. "Demogorgon." It's as if our brains are connected because we always speak together or finish each other's sentences and it's kinda creepy, to be honest.

The boys got up and walked in front of the bleachers in a group to discuss what they were going to do. Eleven and I both sat facing each other with our knees up against our chest, and our arms around them and our heads on our knees.

"Guys, guys! This is crazy. We can't just wait around." Mike tells the boys. "Mike, in case you forgot, we're still fugitives. The bad men are still looking for us." Lucas counteracted him. "Yeah, and we don't even know where your sister is." Dustin sides with Lucas.

"The girls can find them," Mike said motioning to us. "Mike, look at them," Dustin said, pointing to us. Eleven looked completely drained and just not good. I looked exhausted too and had blood covering my face with tear streaks infused with the blood, smearing it even more. I also was still shaking a little from what happened with Will.

Mike turned to look at us as Dustin started talking again. "I still think we should stick to the chief's plan." Lucas backed him up on it, "Exactly. We stay here, keep the girls out of sight and keep them safe. That's the most important thing, remember? Besides, she's okay. She's with Johnathan."

"Yeah, and she's kind of a badass now, so..." Dustin spoke, turning around to leave. "Well, where are you going? You just said stick to the plan!" Mike yelled after him. "I am. I'm just gonna go get some chocolate pudding. I'm telling you, Lunch Lady Phyllis hoards that shit." Dustin yelled back, looking back every now and then.

"Are you serious?" Mike yelled at him. "El and Six need to be recharged!" He yelled back. Lucas had started to follow him now so Eleven and I both got up too. Eleven stood there while I gave her a sisterly peck on the cheek and ran after the two boys. Mike and Eleven needed some alone time and I needed to clean my face.