Self harm: origin

"SHOTO!" Todoroki sighed. "What?" He responded to his fathers angry cries. "WHY AREN'T YOU TRAINING? HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU? YOU ARE MY GREATEST MASTERPIECE AND YOU WILL BE NUMBER ONE!" Endeavor stomped to his expressionless son. Todoroki sighed as his father slapped his face aggressively. He looked away and held his stinging cheek. "This is out of love Shoto." "Fuck your love." Shoto muttered running past his father. "SHOTO HOW DARE YOU! COME BACK HERE THIS INSTANT!" Shoto didn't stop running. He ran as fast as he could to his room. He slammed the door and locked it as fast as humanly possible. He grimaced, expecting his father to come breaking his door down. To his surprise all he got was an aggravated "TOMORROW YOU ARE TRAINING 10 TIMES AS HARD. NO BREAKS." He was okay with that. He just needed to be alone at the moment. He sat on his bed with his head down.

Die. Die. Die. Die. Die. Cut until you kill yourself. Take away his weapon.

He was tired of being that scumbag's prized possession. He rolled up his sleeve to reveal his damaged arms. They were littered with scabs, scars, and some still fresh cuts. He sighed and rummaged through his bedside drawer. He pulled out his favorite pocket knife from the drawer and sighed, wincing slightly while watching the blood pour.

•3 YEARS LATER•

Izuku Midoriya watched blood soak through the washcloth he held to his wrist. He exhaled deeply and grinned. He felt strong. He had given himself his first ever self-inflicted cut. He removed the wash cloth to reveal the horizontal cut spanning across his wrist. He loved it. Izuku watched as the blood dripped off of his arm and fell to the sink.
pit pat pit pat pit pat
The green haired boy searched under the sink for bandages. He found gauze and surgical tape and set them on the side of the sink. Izuku held gauze over the cut and wrapped the surgical tape around it. He looked down at the blood covered washcloth and frowned. Izuku ran the washcloth under cold water, remembering from his middle school years how to get blood out of fabric as to avoid his mom finding out about the regular beatings he acquired at school. Izuku checked the time on his phone. "2 a.m. okay I have time." He thought to himself. He finished washing the blood from the cloth and hung it up to dry. Izuku rolled down his sleeve and grabbed the knife sitting on the side of the bathroom sink. He rinsed the blood from the sink and double checked that he didn't leave any trace of what he had just done to himself. With that he tip toed back to his room trying not to wake his mother. He threw the knife under his bed and sat down in his bed. He hung his head low as the intrusive thoughts re-entered his mind.

Poor Izuku. Helpless Izuku. Good-for-nothing Izuku. Worthless Izuku. "You'll never be a hero." "Go swan dive off of a building."

The words rang in his ears. He sighed and laid down. He looked at his arm, knowing what lay beneath the fabric of his sleeves and bandages.
He plugged in his earbuds and put them in his ears. He blasted music until he cried himself to sleep, just like every night for the past 4 years.