Kiri's Middle School Years

This chapter is dedicated to my good friend. She took herself from this world yesterday. Rest In Peace Michelle. I love you so much.

-Flashback-

"Hey Mina!" The dark haired boy smiled as he walked up to the girl known as Mina Ashido.

"Oh... hey Kiri..." She looked down, avoiding eye contact. Kirishima crossed his arms, hunching his shoulders and looking down. He knew exactly what was happening. Mina didn't want to be seen with a boy like him. Someone covered in bruises and constantly getting bullied. He didn't hold it against her. Kirishima was just grateful that she was his only friend even if it was for a little bit. Instead of bothering her any farther, he decided to stay in his classroom instead of going to lunch. As he sat, he couldn't help but read the graffiti on his desk.

'FAGGOT'
'KILL YOURSELF'
'You're disgusting'
'YOU CANT EVEN KLL YOURSELF RIGHT'
'No one likes you'
'If you died, no one would care'

He knew it was all true. He was utterly worthless in everyone's eyes. He let a few tears fall down his bruised face as he pulled a small razor out of his phone case.

"Maybe I'll do it right this time..."

"Hey Mina I-" The boy named Kaminari Denki rounded the corner to the room and froze when he saw what Kirishima was about to do.

"Don't do it..." Kaminari's voice immediately was flooded with despair. Kirishima looked up slowly.

"Why do you care?" There was absolutely no malice in his voice. He genuinely wanted to know.

"It's not worth it." Kaminari approached him slowly.

"Please just go..." Kirishima asked quietly as tears rolled down his cheeks.

"Can you please give me that? Then we can talk..." Kaminari cautiously gestured to the razor pressed against the black haired boy's wrist. Kirishima furrowed his eyebrows and thought for a few seconds. He reluctantly placed the object in the blonde's hands.

"...why would you do that...?" Kaminari asked sympathetically.

"Look at me... I'm a loser, I don't have a single friend, when I go home I get hurt in every way possible, and I have no reason to live. I'm just a weak excuse of a human being."

"Dude, that's not true! I'll be your friend and your not weak at all. Your quirk is great! You're so strong, I bet you could be an amazing pro hero!" Kaminari smiled at him before pulling him into a hug.