life now

4 years later:

I'm now 16 I'm going to school and I'm confused.
"Dad, I have a question, " I said putting the keys to the Impala away.
"Yeah, "
"This boy asked me to prom and I don't really do dances so I don't know what to do and I really like him? "
"What's his name,"
"Please don't be mad?"
"Why would I be mad at this kids name?"
"It's... Ummm...  His name is Dean?"
"NOPE!"
"Dad, please I really like him?"
"Let me meet him?"
"WHAT?!  NO!!"
"Fine show me a picture,  then."
I agreed and showed him a picture.

"Ok,""Wait just like that?""MmHm" I was a little shocked but delighted he finally agreed

"Ok,"
"Wait just like that?"
"MmHm" I was a little shocked but delighted he finally agreed.
"Alright you me dress shopping now, lets go,"
I grab his arm and drag him to the car it was clear he did not want to go but he was going any way.

3 hours later

"Honey please just find a dress we've been  here for 3 hours."
"Ok ok I'm zipping the one up. Oh oh my god this dress..  I- it's perfect." I was in love with what I had found and now I can wear it to prom.
"I found the one!"
"Well let's see it,"
I come out and Dean's eyes widen.

"Never imagined you wearing purple," I chuckle

"Never imagined you wearing purple," I chuckle. We buy it and head out back home.

2 weeks later on the way to prom:

I was in the Impala with on one my friends,  no,  my only friend,  Kiley.  I parked baby and adjusted my hair I wanted to look good.  As I was walking up the steps I herd for what I heard was my heart shatter. I saw Dean making out with another girl.
"Dean," I quietly whisper.  I kind of hear my friend telling me 'he was just some jerk any way' I stand there like a statue until I let a year fall. Dean the noticed me.
"Claire oh my God Claire!" He ran up to me but before he could day anything else I ran to the impala and I saw in the rear view mirror him run in to the street reaching his arm out like he could reach me.  That's it I'm done with boys,  school,  everything I'm just going to hunt.